IGNORED

Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde Exhaust Systems

Yama Mama

I know a woman should never post something like this, but I am anyway. We met a guy at our recent rally in Cincinnati demonstrating these. I never knew anything like this existed. They are really big in Europe and just starting up here in the USA.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Dr.+Jekyl+Mr.+Hyde+exhaust+system&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

See if this works. If it doesn't just look them up on You Tube. I think it is really a clever idea and if it fits an Ultra Classic, I would think it would work on a Venture.

But I am a women and I will step back.

I took my own video at the rally but I am having trouble uploading it. Oh, I forgot this costs $1800.00.

Yama Mama

I see that I already goofed this up. But if you hit the posted link, it will lead you to other videos that show the product I am referring too. Sorry, I thought that I was better than this. These also will fit on Indians and Gold Wings.

Yama Mama

Hey who left the door open and let that female type in here ???? :confused24: :doh:

Geez...next thing you know people will be waving a Confederate flag around in here... :usa:

OKAY... just kidding....

about both of those issues.. :rotf::rotfl:

What could those pipes really add to a ride that would compensate for the $1,800.00 investment ??? :yikes: Now if they would make a 2nd Gen go as fast as a 1st Gen, then maybe there is a value.......:080402gudl_prv:

Just figured I would give Puc a day off and take the heat for sarcasm...

They have been making these for a few years now. I have a set on my bike and they sound real good. Open for around town closed for long distance or anywhere in between.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/national-cycle-peacemakers-exhaust-slip-ons-yamaha-xvz1300-royal-star-venture-royal-star-tour-deluxe/part/NC-N41310

That is interesting. You have the same bike as we have. Could you possible post a video so we can hear how it sounds. Just curious.

Yama Mama

Horrible idea IMHO.

How the heck do you ever get the jetting dialed in? I guess fuel injection could get you around that one, but scavenging is going to suffer too.

All I see is noisemakers. More noise doesnt mean more power; it usually means less. Same as stuffing the pipe up. It has to be built to all work together.

But I also look at this stuff from a "mechanic" point of view. I don't have much time for modifications that put style over performance.

To each thier own I guess...:confused24:

Edited by Great White

I think you are over thinking the jet thing. I've run Stock, Samson (almost straight through), Khromewerks and Harley pipes on a '99 RSV and never felt the need to reset.

Not at all.

jetting is very subtle.

It may "feel" fine, but the carburation is off unless jetted to the pipes.

Regardless, free country. Do as you wish.

:)

Sure, if I can figure out how???

So any tips on how to do it with a cell phone would be appreciated.

Is it like posting to photo bucket then posting a link?

Gee, I hope someone helps you. Obviously, I am not the one to ask. May be someone else will help us.

Yama Mama

Here is a link if it works.

The exhaust sounds deeper in person. I believe the exhaust gasses smell richer with the butterfly valve opened which is opposite to what one would think.

I have not noticed any difference in power output but I do notice I twist the right hand grip more in loud mode. You can set it anywhere in between also.

Yes, this is a novelty but so is safety chrome!:banana:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q654/Pauljewl/th_20150713_200053_zps3men916i.mp4

Here is a link if it works.

The exhaust sounds deeper in person. I believe the exhaust gasses smell richer with the butterfly valve opened which is opposite to what one would think.

I have not noticed any difference in power output but I do notice I twist the right hand grip more in loud mode. You can set it anywhere in between also.

Yes, this is a novelty but so is safety chrome!:banana:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q654/Pauljewl/th_20150713_200053_zps3men916i.mp4

Thanks for posting that. I think it really sounded good. I am sure it is even more impressive in person.

Yama Mama