IGNORED

ok i have a big problem

rbig1

Rode out to dons had a great time but couldn't move around because of pain. Need to find a way to get upper arms close to body at all times. It was about more than I could take. Rode back home and I,m pinned down again. What bars put arms closer to body and low. If I cant find something wont be riding anywhere. Pain is super bad. I loved meeting everyone just couldn't move around much.

ps please friend me as im terrible with names and want to remember all

I have a set of Flanders bars for sale. We made an "oops" and ordered the set for the RSV not for our RSTD's. Love to find them a home. We couldn't return them as we drilled the hole for the reservoir. We each have a set of these bars, me because the bike wasn't made to fit me at 5'5" and for my husband because he didn't want to have to reach so far and wide, he's 5'11". Email me at nanci@shasta.com if you are interested.

Rod,

Does riding the First Gen cause you pain? If not, measure the pull back, rise and spread of its bars (the location of the grips in relation to your shoulders), then find that same location on the RSV and determine the optimum pull back, rise and spread from the handlebar clamp. Using that information, start shopping for 1" bars that match the desired dimensions. Use the adjustable bars of the First Gen as a test mule to find what position works for you. BTW, I think (not sure) any 1" handlebar can be adapted to the RSV. And since 1" handlebars are the norm for the Harleys, there are all kinds of configurations available.

Take a look at the side effects of any meds you are taking. I know from personal experience that the diuretic Triam/HCTZ blood pressure medication will worsen my arthritis. I do pullovers on a Total Gym and pushups 3 times a week to prevent the arthritis in my shoulders from getting worse.

I have a set of Flanders bars for sale. We made an "oops" and ordered the set for the RSV not for our RSTD's. Love to find them a home. We couldn't return them as we drilled the hole for the reservoir. We each have a set of these bars, me because the bike wasn't made to fit me at 5'5" and for my husband because he didn't want to have to reach so far and wide, he's 5'11". Email me at nanci@shasta.com if you are interested.

Sent you an email Nanci, I'd be interested for sure if these are still available.