IGNORED

Michellan Commander II for Venture

Ok, so on the Michellan web site, no stock front end tire, but what I did see is below.

Looks like the stock front end size is actually listed as a rear tire, so why not order both rear tires?

http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/tires/michelin-commander-ii#dim

look under rear and you will see this

150/80 B 16 77H (actual front size for venture)

150/90 B 15 74H (actual rear size for venture)

What I don't like is the lower load rating for the rear size than either E3 or the avon venom/cobra

Yup some have run the rear tire as a front. I think if I remember correctly you need to run it oposite direction of what it would be run on rear. I ran the 130 on the front and I thought it helped the handeling for me. At any rate I got over 17k on the set and think I could have got more, but had a trip planned and wanted to make sure had plenty of rubber.

I have heard that that's not a great idea as the front and rear tires have different purposes , steering requires different tread patterns to grip while turning while a rear tire is designed primarily to push you forward and has strength engineered to do that well. I just went to the narrower 130 Commander2 and like it a lot.

brian

• 2 weeks later...

AGREED :) I went with the 130 Michelin Commander II for the front and I love it !

No problems what so ever and even better news is that you can not tell you went from a 150 to a 130, as the Michelin fits well size wise (meaning it does not look skinny or out of place).