IGNORED

I'm going to get a Zumo!

Well I took the bike out for a ride today. The old Delphi Roady2 has been giving me fits and the fact that it isn't waterproof is bugging me.

I decided to get a Zumo 550 based on the great reviews you guys have reported.

So, I think I'll get one from buydig.com. Alot of you guys have had good results from this outfit. Price is really good too!

So, it has a mount for the bike and for the car (good so I can use it in my wife's car). What else do I need? I want the XM option so I need an antenna? Do I need to buy anything for the MP3 media?

Thanks,

Bob

You will need to buy the GXM-30 antenna/reciever to get XM and of course the subscription. You can get them on Ebay for around $150.00 and up. You will also need a SD Card for the MP3's. I think you can upload MP3's to the Zumo via usb but there is limited space on the unit, and that will take away from room for updates and poi's

You will need the GXM-30 antenna and a SD card . Upload the MP3's or pre -calculated routes from your computer to the SD card and then insert into SD card slot . Oh , don't forget to upload your favorite pictures of your biker babes , as you can use the Zumo as a picture album veiwer too !

The Zumo comes uploaded with some songs on it , but may not be in everyones taste . You use the USB cable and go into the Garmin folder on the Zumo and delete if you wish too .

I have a 2 gig SD card , but have only a small # of MP3's .

Don't forget the BuddyRich cables for the cell phone .

BEER30

Well I took the bike out for a ride today. The old Delphi Roady2 has been giving me fits and the fact that it isn't waterproof is bugging me.

I decided to get a Zumo 550 based on the great reviews you guys have reported.

So, I think I'll get one from buydig.com. Alot of you guys have had good results from this outfit. Price is really good too!

So, it has a mount for the bike and for the car (good so I can use it in my wife's car). What else do I need? I want the XM option so I need an antenna? Do I need to buy anything for the MP3 media?

Thanks,

Bob

My Roady2 got stolen,, and I was thinking about a Zumo 550, but I just haven't been able to justify the price in my mind. So I got a RoadyXT.

As far as being water proof, I almost never took the Roady2 off and road in heavy rain a few times with no problem. And after all the times of forgetting it and leaving it on, it didn't get stolen until I moved it to my Jeep. :(

You can mount it with an audio cable to the AUX input to your receiver. Squidly has a link that shows you how to use a 'Y' connector in the back of the amplifier. You will need to split the fairing, but his pictures and instructions take you through it step by step. If you don't want to go through all that, you can just plug it in to the front of your cassette player AUX input. The Garmin will interrupt the music to give directions when necessary, which helps you keep your eyes on the road.

Your going to love your new technology toy.

BuddyRich has a cable he makes that will integrate it with the audio system on the RSV. Then you can not only listen to the MP3's and voice commands in your headset, you can make phone calls over your blue tooth enabled phone. It plugs in somewhere in the front fairing and has a cable that plugs into the Zumo. There is a post somewhere on this site, search for Zumo and you will find it that shows the installation. Great investment. I am planning on getting a Zumo 550 and cable from BuddyRich when Uncle Sam gives me my money to help stimulate the economy. That way it doesn't hurt the wallet near as much.

But to answer your question yes you can just plug it into the aux jack by the cassette player and hear it over the speakers but you will have to select AUX on the control head and then you will not hear anything else except the CB and the Zumo.

Here is a question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

Does using the XM, MP3, or bluetooth disable the GPS function?

Not at all, you can turn the XM on select the channel then go back to the map display. When phone calls come in you can choose to answer or ignore them. If you answer the phone, the audio from XM and Voice Prompts mutes until you hang up.

Guest sadrand

And while we are at it, the Nolan ncom (I assume others too) helmets with the bluetooth add-on sync perfectly with the Zumo. I have a bluetooth phone which I sync with the Zumo and then sync the helmet with the Zumo. Works great.

And while we are at it, the Nolan ncom (I assume others too) helmets with the bluetooth add-on sync perfectly with the Zumo. I have a bluetooth phone which I sync with the Zumo and then sync the helmet with the Zumo. Works great.

True, but from what I have read the MP3 audio goes across the BT signal in mono. It would drive me batty to hear music in only one ear.

Mariner Fan, keep us posted on the installation and how you like the Zumo. I'm considering getting one for my birthday in June. In time for Stardays.-Jack:cool10:

No problem. I'm not going to order it until I get back from vacation. Don't want it sitting on my porch while I'm gone. :)