IGNORED

Fixing to order new tires for my RSV, and have read where some are running...

YamahaLarry

I'm doing a 2500 mile round trip with Jerry Mefford next week (SC to NY to ME to PA to SC).

So, just checked my current tire mileage on my RSV.

Front is a stock size Dunlop E3, now with 26072 miles. And still enough tread for the trip. Might not be great on the Dragon but fine for interstates.

Rear is a Michelin Commander II with about 14,750 miles. (My last MC II got 22k miles and was still in spec for PA).

I'm doing a 2500 mile round trip with Jerry Mefford next week (SC to NY to ME to PA to SC).

So, just checked my current tire mileage on my RSV.

Front is a stock size Dunlop E3, now with 26072 miles. And still enough tread for the trip. Might not be great on the Dragon but fine for interstates.

Rear is a Michelin Commander II with about 14,750 miles. (My last MC II got 22k miles and was still in spec for PA).

Well, considering 95% of my riding is interstate, I should be in great shape. Plus, I will be riding the dragon at a good comfortable pace. Looking forward to trying the new tire size for sure.

Now, next big decision is dyna beads, Ride-On or lead weights. Leaning towards the Ride-On product. Probably going to mount tires myself. Too cheap to pay someone to do something that I can do.

Now, next big decision is dyna beads, Ride-On or lead weights. Leaning towards the Ride-On product. Probably going to mount tires myself. Too cheap to pay someone to do something that I can do.

I mounted my tires myself, that also lets me take care of cleaning/greasing the splines too. I static balanced mine using clip-on lead weights, no issues.

I mounted my tires myself, that also lets me take care of cleaning/greasing the splines too. I static balanced mine using clip-on lead weights, no issues.

Did my last ones myself (on previous bike) and used the adhesive lead strips and it must have worked just fine, no vibrations at any speed. Hardest part was breaking the bead on the old tires. I like the idea of Ride-On being self sealing, but at approx $15 per tire, not sure if it's worth it. I keep a pump and plugs in my bike.

I liked the 130 front tire. I did go back to oem size last summer when I bought new tires. But I think next change I'll go back to the 130. I am running balance beads and so far they have worked well in the last 3 sets.

I had MCII 130 on the front of my RSTD and HATED it. Squirrely as hell on the highway in a little wind. E3s on right now correct size up front and nearest equivalent on rear...best tires yet in over 45,000 miles on RSV & RSTD, and I liked the MCII rear tire a lot.