IGNORED

Iway 350c GPS

timk

Am looking at this unit. Anyone have one, and would like the pros/cons. Any other brands/models you can recommend that can be viewed in Direct Sun? i have aGarmin c330, and is useless in the sun.

Our IWAY 350c works great until the until overheats which takes aprox 10 minutes in 75 - 80 degree weather and automatically shuts off. We are looking to replace it this year with a garmin. Not happy at all the IWAY - the company replaced our first unit with a second one that does the same thing. The IWAY 500 has a fan built in the prevents the overheating from happening. Oh, did I forget to mention the Lowrance company is headquarted about 8 miles from my house....

I cannot recommend the IWAY based on our experience with it.

I have the iWay and am quite happy with it. Direct sunlight on the screen is a bit problematic but I have not had the overheating problem - I do use it back and forth from bike to car and have had it for a year now. Can't compare to any others as this is the only one I've ever had.

Eugene

Is there a specofic Zumo #, or all zumos??

There are two Zumos the 450 and 550 the difference is the 550 has a SD card slot, has voice directions, MP3 player, and blue tooth for your phone so it costs anywhere from $120 to $400.00 more depending on where you purchase it.

If you go with the 550 Buddyrich makes a cable for about $30.00 that will allow you to integrate it with your helmet headset and audio system to allow you to hear the voice commands, mp3 player, and talk over the phone. You can also purchase an XM Radio/antenna for $150.00-$250.00 and get XM radio and weather/traffic reports with the proper subscriptions.

If I am not mistaken the IWAY uses a hard drive and they can be damaged by the rough vibrations associated with a MC. Solid State is the way to go for MC's Hard Drive is fine for cars.

If I am not mistaken the IWAY uses a hard drive and they can be damaged by the rough vibrations associated with a MC. Solid State is the way to go for MC's Hard Drive is fine for cars.

I have the Iway 500 rather than the 350 but the hard drive is not an issue. I have ridden quite a few miles and in some pretty crappy conditions and it hasn't missed a lick.

I had the Iway 350c. I paid $379 for it in Jan 2007. It had the overheating problem and it finally just stopped working. Lowrance send me a new one under warranty last Sept. It was worse than the first one. It would turn off from the vibration on the motorcycle and would overheat. I sold it to my brother-in-law last month for a $100 bucks. It has worked great in his car. As Lowrance was quick to tell me, it was not made for a motorcycle. I would never buy another Lowrance for a motorcycle. When it worked, it was great and had a lot of bells and whistles. It is definitely a cage GPS. I have been looking for a great deal on a Zumo or other waterproof GPS for the bike. My wife has the Nuvi 660 and I love it. But it is not waterproof.

I know that Mother had an Iway 350 and seemed to like it. But a few weeks later he had a different one so something must have happened

:confused24: I thought about buying one, but after reading customer reviews and the fact that Mother got rid of his, I dont think I would buy one. Brad T has a Zumo 450 and seems to like it fine, I haven't heard many bad experiences with the Zumo's

First one I had was the IWAY 350, it shut down a few times due to vibration, it also was very hard to impossible to see in the sun at times. I tried the 250 my wife had in her cage, it doesn't have a hard drive so it didn't shut down but was also hard to impossible to see in the sun.

Bought a ZUMO 350 about 7 months ago and have not looked back. It's a bit more money but worth it. I don't have the XM antenna I just use the SD card and load my own music.

You can pick up a 550 for around $550.00 shipped.

Mine is the Zumo 550 as well. I use a cheap cassette adapter to run it through the system. I just can't hear the voice commands with the radio on but it's all there with the cassette adapter in place and the MP3 player going. I haven't sprung for the XM antenna yet but that's next. It's supposed to be weter resistant to 3 ft of water for 30 minutes but I wouldn't try that. I have been in some pretty substancial downours though and no issues at all. All considered I love and considerir well worth the investment. Garmin customer support is secojnd to non as well.