IGNORED

My Franken Bike is now a Complete and Fully Operational Royal Star Venture

shuttlebug

Monday, I officially rode my bike for the first time in 5 months to get a brake and light inspection. I took the long way home through the mountains and remembered why I missed that bike, and rebuilt it from that scrap pile in my shop :) I finally got the blessing from the Rabbi at the DMV on Tuesday, and now she is back in business! I spent today (cold and windy) putting the important things back on- phone charger, heated clothing plug, and a charging plug. The one bad thing is that the Rick's voltage regulator that we got new in Louisville KY back in June, periodically spikes up to about 16-17 volts for a while and then drops down to normal. I guess it is going to die completely soon... I replaced the original? back in Dec 2013 at 100,000 mi with a Rick's High output stator and regulator. The regulator went out in Indiana in June at about 113,000 mi. The Rick's replacement worked fine until the wreck at 117,000 mi-The 30 amp main fuse was blown and all the wires on the right front lower were smashed and destroyed, so maybe I should give Rick's some grace here... but, has anyone had trouble keeping the Rick's regulator in their bike? Here are some pics- don't look too close!

Scars are there to prove the past really happened!rps20150408_194001.jpgrps20150408_194057.jpgrps20150408_194238.jpgrps20150408_194141.jpg

Congratulations on getting her put back together. You are just in time to catch some cool spring riding.:)

Any other So Cal rides planned? We had a really good time on that Santa Barbara ride! I think we can make it to Venture West now, hope to see you there :)

Thanks! She still looks good as long as you don't look too close! I couldn't find some of the plastic in the right color, so I had to use ABS cement to piece them together :o She still rides as good as she ever did, I got a good straight frame for her :) If someone totaled an 06 venture in Arizona- thanks, the frame is going to get some good miles on it again!

WOW zzz WOW WOW WOW - OUTSTANDING piece of work there MR. Shuttlebug!!! :clap2::dancefool::thumbsup:

Tell you one thing, you once again have shown the depth of your resolve and the capabilities of your skills/talents as a gear head - AWESOME JOB! What a great way end to one journey and a fabulous start to another! Godspeed as you folks rack up more great miles on your BEAUTIFUL scoot!!:7_2_104[1]: :thumbsup:

where's the hitch,, I dont see no hitch,, how ya gonna pull that AMAZING trailer you built if you dont have a hitch,, Tippy said tell Mrs. Bug hi!!

20140620_095150.jpg

Nice job. That's not a Frankenbike....

http://members.modernvespa.net/brilaz/uploads/leannag_frankenbike_126.jpg

That gives me the creeps PB,, one of my kids and I almost rode home from Chicago one time with our bike looking like that!!

WOW zzz WOW WOW WOW - OUTSTANDING piece of work there MR. Shuttlebug!!! :clap2::dancefool::thumbsup:

Tell you one thing, you once again have shown the depth of your resolve and the capabilities of your skills/talents as a gear head - AWESOME JOB! What a great way end to one journey and a fabulous start to another! Godspeed as you folks rack up more great miles on your BEAUTIFUL scoot!!:7_2_104[1]: :thumbsup:

where's the hitch,, I dont see no hitch,, how ya gonna pull that AMAZING trailer you built if you dont have a hitch,, Tippy said tell Mrs. Bug hi!!

Thank you Cowpuc, coming from you, that is a real complement!! The trailer hitch is there, I believe I bought it from Carbon1 and it was made to be stealthy. More trailering to come! Godspeed to you and Tippy too, we hope to see you on the trail again :7_2_104[1]:

Mrs. Bug says "Hi, Tippy!" :bighug:

Nice job. That's not a Frankenbike....

http://members.modernvespa.net/brilaz/uploads/leannag_frankenbike_126.jpg

I don't think I could ride/drive? that, I would be worried about that crazy tailgater back there!!

Ok, maybe I don't really have a Franken bike- it's a Phoenix bike, it has risen from the ashes of its funeral pyre :337: