IGNORED

Anyone know where/what the "Repaired Stamp" is suppose to be for 83/85 2nd gear issue

cowpuc

I know I have read it many times but cant remember what has been stated.. Isnt there a punch mark or a stamp somewhere on the motor or frame of an 83/85 that declares it's tranny has the new parts in it? Anyone remember that?

Thanks guys!!

Puc

THANK YOU SIR DINGY:thumbsup:!! YOU DA MAN!!:thumbsup:

This place is like owning the manufacturing plant for Yamaha in Japan!! Only wayyyy better cause we have smarter engineers :big-grin-emoticon: and an old dog like me have to try and learn to speak Japanese!!

• 5 months later...

Lots of folks are confused about that punch mark above the middle gear. Yamaha told the dealers and mechanics to make that punch mark when they had performed the stator cooling kit installation. There was no directive to make that mark when the second gear repair was made.

The stator cooling kit was a warranty and "recall" deal. There was no "recall" for the second gear problem, thus no Yamaha mandated warranty repair.

M84-025 Stator Cooling Kit Installation.pdf

Lots of folks are confused about that punch mark above the middle gear. Yamaha told the dealers and mechanics to make that punch mark when they had performed the stator cooling kit installation. There was no directive to make that mark when the second gear repair was made.

The stator cooling kit was a warranty and "recall" deal. There was no "recall" for the second gear problem, thus no Yamaha mandated warranty repair.

[ATTACH]101712[/ATTACH]

This is correct, I deleted my early wrong post.

PDF attached showing stator cooling upgrade and punch mark for that is in PDF.

Gary

Stator Cooling Kit Installation M84-025.pdf