IGNORED

Any Value in Purchasing Supplementary Manuals?

The title says it all...Is there any value in purchasing the Supplementary Manuals on eBay? Is there more information contained in those manuals, than is available on the downloadable manuals available here? In particular I'm looking at the Supplementary Assembly Manual to aid in reassembling my bike after stripping it down to get to the TCI (I have pictures and notes, but was wondering what those manuals contain that may help). Also have seen manuals for radio and CB...what is contained in those, and are they worth the investment?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

The service manual available is OK for information. Torque specs etc. Not allways best approach to a job and sometimes not all the info needed. The Haynes and Clymer manuals have good info, way better pictures and discriptions on how to get things done. Sometimes an ocasional short cut here or there. Best bet....... Join here and get knowledge from guys been working on these things for years. The shop manual is free. And if you think you would like one for a refernce (I did) find one of the after market manuals. I bought a paper copy as it was in my price range.

There are some user manuals listed in our forum here, and I think overall you will get far more value out of a membership in Venturerider.org than on buying some of the manuals. But,

I do also like the web site below as all of the usermanuals and shop manuals are here and are downloadable. I carry them on a flash drive when travelling.

Brian

http://www.yamahaventure.nl/en/servicemanuals.html

Thanks djh3 for the quick response. Unfortunately, not the answer to my question.

Probably should have given more information, I am currently a supporting member to the forum, and have a factory manual, and I'm familiar with the downloadable PDF available on this site.

What I'm looking for is, What is contained in the Supplementary Assembly Manual? Is there information not contained in the factory service manual? I'm considering purchasing one and would like to hear from somebody who has one and find out what precisely does it contain/address?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks djh3 for the quick response. Unfortunately, not the answer to my question.

Probably should have given more information, I am currently a supporting member to the forum, and have a factory manual, and I'm familiar with the downloadable PDF available on this site.

What I'm looking for is, What is contained in the Supplementary Assembly Manual? Is there information not contained in the factory service manual? I'm considering purchasing one and would like to hear from somebody who has one and find out what precisely does it contain/address?

Thanks in advance.

The Assembly Manual is used by the dealer to prepare the crated Venture for the sales floor. Involves showing the tech how to install the front wheel and fender, the trunk, footpegs, mirrors, etc. I have an assembly manual for a 1990. It would not be worth purchasing an Assembly Manual in your case, because it does not address the main fairing or TCI installation, etc.

The pdf of the 1990 Assembly Manual that have is too large to attach in this post, but I have uploaded the Assembly Manual to my Google Drive account Be my guest. My Google Drive account is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLuLxb8qHwMUzN0Z2k3NDFwRUU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Prairiehammer