IGNORED

Where do you stay?

Ride2much

Our trip last fall was the first time we had gone on a trip and not had any reservations made in advance. We just played it by ear, and "eye" on places to stay, and for the most part it all worked out. Most of the time when we're riding the evening meal is our "main" meal and we have played it by "nose", nothing quite like the smell of chicken frying in the late afternoon to pull you off the road.

OUTSTANDING THREAD RIDE2MUCH!! Got be honest here though, that one little lonely shot of the bike with the bedroll next to is the one that speaks loudest to my soul as far as answering the question of "where do you stay".. :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: Gotta love all those :photographing:'s though!!

So,, who are the folks in the people picture? Gotta have a left to right intro and what kinda scoots each has... I can be a nosey ol feller cant I? :grandpa:

OUTSTANDING THREAD RIDE2MUCH!! Got be honest here though, that one little lonely shot of the bike with the bedroll next to is the one that speaks loudest to my soul as far as answering the question of "where do you stay".. :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: Gotta love all those :photographing:'s though!!

So,, who are the folks in the people picture? Gotta have a left to right intro and what kinda scoots each has... I can be a nosey ol feller cant I? :grandpa:

Jon-Harley front ,Jason Victory left, Bubba Harley right

DSCF3266.JPG DSCF3283.JPG

Edited by Ride2much

I guess I'm terrible. We try to pretty much stay @ Comfort Inn (or their corporate partners) or another chain I have points with. Couple reasons A: got points and they are free or lower cost. That way we can travel a few days more B: Usually have breakfast included so saves some $$ C: I dont have to carry a blasted hair dryer from someone.

We do however try to partake of local fare. Have ran across some good ones, and some I dont think I would go back. Last fall on the food front was pretty much a bust for the week +. Best place was in Blue ridge Ga on the north side of the little town next to a bank I think. Next would be an Irish Pub in Savannah Ga. Best dang onion rings I have ever had!!!

My wife and I camp most of the time. Still love not feeling confined to a motel. If we do motel it usually look for a mom and pop motel if all else fails a Comfort Inn will do. Staying off the interstates as much as possible, find mom and pop campgrounds near small towns or federal and state parks. Slowing down with age and like ending my day around 4pm to check out local attractions. Miles used to matter but not anymore, stop a lot to smell the roses along the way. Maybe do 400mi a day. Younger years road to hard and long didn't really enjoy the sights.

A few years back we attended a Venture West rally in San Louis Obispo. On the way back we passed thru Yosemite and Reno. Somewhere between them we were looking for a place to stop for the night and food. Came across a campground with an Italian restaurant. We didn't have camping gear but they had cabins and supplied blankets and pillows. Now this place was pretty rustic so we decided to take a look at their offerings of cabins. Lo and behold one of them wasn't really a cabin but rather, an old, old western covered wagon. Had a newer canvas top and a bed and that was it. Nice semi-private camp area with a fire pit. We couldn't resist that! Had a fabulous meal in the restaurant, a few drinks, got our bedding and sat by the campfire till late at night listening to the crackling of the fire, the little brook flowing past the campsite, totally clear sky filled with stars .... we slept like logs! It was the absolute BEST experience ever!

I have pics at home ... will post later.

Danged if I can remember exactly where that place is tho.

EDIT: Here's the only pic I can find... was certain I had others

S6300587.jpg

Edited by SilvrT

Cowpuc,, "that one little lonely shot of the bike with the bedroll next to is the one that speaks loudest to my soul "

I am with you man!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98317[/ATTACH]

I remember those days, just sleeping wherever you stopped. If only my old bones would let me do that now,,,,,,,,:backinmyday:

Cowpuc,, "that one little lonely shot of the bike with the bedroll next to is the one that speaks loudest to my soul "

I am with you man!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98317[/ATTACH]

IN THE SPIRIT OF LIKE MINDEDNESS RIDE2MUCH!!!

DSCN6980.JPG

DSCN6974.JPG

DSCN5696.JPG

20140702_094020.jpg

DSCN6404.JPG

1355.jpg

1321.jpg

984.jpg

492.jpg

321.jpg

DSCN7478.JPG

DSCN7054.JPG

DSCN6687.JPG

DSCN6816.JPG

DSCN6606.JPG

DSCN6226.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

DSCN9405.JPG

My brother for a lot of years when going cross country, would ride and some times stop @ a rest area on the interstate and crash on a picnic table.

Here is a pic of our trip to Big Bend NP, back in 1975. The lump on the concrete picnic table is me. I wanted to avoid sharing my sleeping bag with heat seeking rattlesnakes.

IMG.jpg