IGNORED

fluttering noise

ricksbike

Hello everyone,my 92 VR just developed a fluttering noise on decell and at idle,seems to be coming from #3 cylinder area,check plug( nice and clean) checked compression-(all 180-185)-rebalanced carbs-(were only off a tiny bit)--any suggestions would be greatly appreciated--Thanks.:bang head::bang head::bang head:

LOTS of great advise so far.. Pull the air filter and side covers. Crank er up and watch slide's bounce - see if you notice any differences in movement. Pull headlight fuse, run in dark garage at night and see if you see any electrical leakage - plug wires especially. Also might wanna check resistance on plug terminals and double check exhaust leaks. Tight valves can cause strange noises too..

Maybe make a video for us so we can actually hear what your hearing? Youtube it :photographing:- and post it up..

If we cant help you after all that, bring it to Don's Maintenance Day.. If the really smart people show up I bet they can figure it out and you wont have to walk home!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Maybe leaking exhaust gasket??

Bongo's initial thought is stickin in my pea brain..

Start it cold, with it idling put a welding glove on, grab the headers one at a time and try to move em - see if you can pickup any noise..

OK,rechecked all hoses slides,I noticed yesterday that when I started it,there was no abnormal noises,road about 5 miles got to operating temp,noise returned,listened with stethoscope-noise loudest at #3 cam cover.still have to check under cam cover(have to buy new gaskets first) by the way ears don`t flap,I wear a helmet and haven`t had a burrito in a while(could Have Been My homemade chile though--LOL):starz::starz: