IGNORED

Great commercial

Venturous Randy

GOOD ONE :clap2::clap2:,,, THERE WITH YA 100%!!!!! RANDY, 100%:thumbsup:

That is exactly the story of my life except for, as I progressed thru life I found out that owning all the stuff I thought would make me happy didn't do it. The part in the commercial where it shows the little girl with braces (emptied my Corvette jar for 3 sets of them), those years of raising children were the most exhausting financially, mentally and emotionally BUT - they were also the most rewarding and pleasurable - way beyond what owning a Corvette could ever possibly produce for me. I know, I am one strange character, but in the end - I would gladly pass on having a new Vette sitting there waiting for me. Instead, give me Tippy and my 4 kids (all the kids when they were under 12 years old) and a beat up old 1st Gen Venture and let us explore the universe and we will call it square:dancefool:!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Yep, I wanted a Corvette really bad back in the mid to late 60's. Never got it and I've been happy without it! It would have hindered my love life to give up that big Impala bench seat in those days!

In early 1968, when I was still 17 and a senior in high school, I found a 58 Corvette that needed some paint and a little interior work, but it was all there, hubcaps and everything. It was a 283 with a Power Glide and the guy had it priced at $800. But instead, I bought a 64 Chevelle Malibu with a 327 and a four speed. I know what you mean about the back seat, I should have named my son Chevelle. :whistling:

Randy

In early 1968, when I was still 17 and a senior in high school, I found a 58 Corvette that needed some paint and a little interior work, but it was all there, hubcaps and everything. It was a 283 with a Power Glide and the guy had it priced at $800. But instead, I bought a 64 Chevelle Malibu with a 327 and a four speed. I know what you mean about the back seat, I should have named my son Chevelle. :whistling:

Randy

Same here about the big back seat. I had a 59 Pontiac Catalina.:duck:

I paid $1150 for a 1962 'vette when I was in the Air Force and stationed in Florida in 1968. It was worn out (the pistons swapped places just about every stroke!).

But it was a vette and I loved it. Sadly I was transferred to Colorado and knew the vette probably wouldn't make it, so I traded even for....... you ready? A 1962 Corvair Coupe! The Corvair was in really good condition, but I long for that worn out Corvette. Bet I could get a better deal today.

Randy

We had a junk yard on the outskirt of my home town called Johnny Minks. Johnny was a foul mouth nasty old time junk yard fool who absolutely LOVED us kids. He knew what it was like to be dirt poor and supported us local dirt poor kids by paying 25 bucks a junk car for anything we could haul in. We also could buy ANY part for our cars from his yard for a dollar!! I rebuilt my 67, 289, 3 speed Cougar with parts from him - 2 doors = 2 dollars, a hood = a dollar, a rear axle = a dollar,, amazing days..

Its funny you mention the 283 Chev's Randy, for some reason our area was plagued with the 60's 283 Chevy's with bad cams in them. I went for a long time buying Chevy Wagons/Impala's (NEVER an SS) with em either popping back thru the carbs or having to drop in my handy/dandy electric fuel pump cause the cam lobe that drove the pump was worn round.. I would buy em for a few bucks, drop the electric pump in, run the last bit of life out of em RODDING THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF EM and than sell em to John and make money on em.. Crazy days.....

Oh yea, John's junk yard was on an old sandy dirt road. My buddy Rob would hook onto a junk car with his big ol 1959 Pontiac Bonnie (great big fins on the rear end - always looked like a mean old dinosaur from the back) with two 30 foot tow chains and scrape tire hung between em to absorb shock. I would get in the junk car and we would head down Johns road. Rob would hold the ol Bonnie in the center of road doing about 50 while I went in and out of the ditches knocking down small trees and sliding the junk car sideways.. Next car would be Robs turn... By the time we got those old cars to the junk yard they almost didnt need to be crushed by Johnny's old loader:big-grin-emoticon:

What a great commercial! I LOVE Corvettes, and have always loved them. They have been my absolute favorite car for as long as I can remember. I still hope to one day own one, but I'm ok with it if I dont. Perhaps it would equate to the old saying about never meeting your heroes, as you might be disappointed.

Dale

Got a 69 RS SS 396 Camaro sittin in the barn awaiting completion for the last 20 years, seems like time money or other priorities get in the way but I may just be making excuses. I have recently been inspired due to some medical issues to get the thing done before I croak like the dude in the commercial.:auto: