IGNORED

Lets talk about the new breed of Kawi Voyager, the one with the modern fairing..

cowpuc

Neighbor has a shot at a newer Kaw Voyager.. Said its like brand new, under 2k miles. Apparently he can get it for 8.. Told him that I knew very little about em (I did a couple of the Voyager 2's but this is NOT the Voyager 2, this is the V-Twin motored new style Voyager).. Anyway, I told him that I thought there was chatter on here of hot motors (hot on legs) and cheap/thin plastic's..

The Good, The Bad or The Ugly - let her rip gang!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Puc

Seems I heard they made some changes in either 2011 or 2012 to address the heat issue.

Wife and I took one for a ride when they came out in 2009. She felt she didn't have enough room. I like the style of the bike but also feel their plastics are too thin. Side bag latches seemed poorly designed. I haven't taken a close look at them for a few years.

2010 late I think is when they retro fited air ducts and fans to redirect air flow. 2011 on had the reflow from the factory. I understand they have plenty of torque and run pretty smoth. I have also heard some chatter about flimsy feeling lids or something. I think for the rite price if I could test ride one first it would be a player. I know I have seen a few down here in Fla with the pipes wrapped in the header wrap to try to help with the heat thing. Complaints on the radio reception and antenna on them also. But they are bluetooth I think, but wired intercom.

Thanks you guys, I will be passing along the info to my neighbor tomorrow.

If he can get it for 8k - it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work out he can always get his monry out of it. That's the cheapest I seen on one especially with the low miles....

Well I typed a long thoughtful reply and my computer crashed before I sent it. The condensed version is my buddy has one and loves it. I like it too and it was on my short list, along with the Victorys, when I bought the RSV.My buddy isn't one to mince words, if he was disappointed in it I would know.

My brother in law has one, and he loves it. His bike is the reason I started looking for a bike for myself, after decades of going without. I do like the fuel injection, and all the nice, current accessories it came with - much more modern than my RSV. If I saw one for $8,000, I'd grab it.

Dale