IGNORED

cowpuc

I was just looking at the list of great folks who are signed up for Don's MD and smiling over what appears to be a GREAT time to put faces with names and a thought occurred to me - I wonder what the largest attendance of any VR outing has been? I also wonder what the largest attendance of a Freebird MD has been?

Anybody have a clue?

I know,, sometimes I wonder to much.. :big-grin-emoticon:

I might have to work out a vacation day so I can come up and say hey!

I am willin it to ya Cha,, I am willin it to ya!! You need a vacation!!:big-grin-emoticon:

THANKS DON FOR THE INPUT!! :thumbsup: Wish I coulda been there for that BIG ONE!! :255: But,, this one looks like it will be a TON of fun too!! :big-grin-emoticon:

I think that the largest was indeed one of my maintenance days. There was one year when we had somewhere around 280 people.

Hey Don remember the first one I think there was about 6 or 8 of us . Big Mike and I came all the way from Michigan :) to get a hotdog . The other guys were local .What is that guys name that cooked those dogs the first couple years. How is Bob doing . What about the orginal t-shirt guy . Just drawing a blank here at 5am.

Yes Eddie, that seems like a different lifetime but I remember that. That was Jim that did the cooking. He rode a silver '99 with almost every piece of chrome that Yamaha made for them. Probably more than yours at the time. I think that was before you became the "Shiny One". :) I don't see Bob much any more but I think he is doing fine.

I was just looking at the list of great folks who are signed up for Don's MD and smiling over what appears to be a GREAT time to put faces with names and a thought occurred to me - I wonder what the largest attendance of any VR outing has been? I also wonder what the largest attendance of a Freebird MD has been?

Anybody have a clue?

I know,, sometimes I wonder to much.. :big-grin-emoticon:

cowpuc - I've only attended 2 or 3 md's at Freebirds but I can guarantee you will enjoy your day(s) and never meet a stranger.

Hummingbird

Yes Eddie, that seems like a different lifetime but I remember that. That was Jim that did the cooking. He rode a silver '99 with almost every piece of chrome that Yamaha made for them. Probably more than yours at the time. I think that was before you became the "Shiny One". :) I don't see Bob much any more but I think he is doing fine.

thanks not great with names after a time has passed , it does seem like that was a long time ago

I haven't attended a genuine "Maintenance Day" yet but, a couple years ago Tip and I went for a ride down to a place called "Vogel", I think that was in the Georgia Mountains. Bumped into a bunch of VR members at the Tail of the Dragon and followed em to go find out what a Vogel was. We camped there and the next day I was crossing the parking lot, there were about 6 guys standing around someones complete MK2 talking, I walked over to the covered shin dig place (about 2 minutes away), got a cup of coffee and walked back down to the group gathered around the bike. They had dismantled the fairing and were working on the speedo or something. Jumped on Tweeks, rode over to pick up Tip, came back no more than 1/2 hour later and one of the 6 was riding the finished product around the lot.. Definitely amazing what a group can do once they set their collective mind to a task..

Hey Don remember the first one I think there was about 6 or 8 of us . Big Mike and I came all the way from Michigan :) to get a hotdog . The other guys were local .What is that guys name that cooked those dogs the first couple years. How is Bob doing . What about the orginal t-shirt guy . Just drawing a blank here at 5am.

5 AM?? I thought they took that off the clock when you retired?? I did mine!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

5 AM?? I thought they took that off the clock when you retired?? I did mine!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Not retired yet over here Dan, my original plan was to retire this year at 50 but Im not ready for the wanting and not getting part of life yet(fixed income-I hate those words they scare me). I have some expensive hobby's and they need to be feed.