IGNORED

Fireside chat,,, any of you folks ever heard of

cowpuc

or seen a sidecar whose seat would fold down into a bed? Was just reading over in our sidecar forum area about a really cool looking Hannigan sidecar someone has when I had this epiphany - "if that double-wide seat would just fold down into a bed, how cool would that be"...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/trike-and-sidecar-talk/92541-hannigan-astro-2-2-car.html

Guess we ain't allowed to just chat about things!!!

Most of us, like you and me, who live on this thing have stuff moved around from time to time Dan, its all part of the web experience. I too have stuck stuff in the wrong place and watched as it was moved into the area that fits it better. I dont know the boss personally, nor have I ever ran a website, but I do know from my years in management some of the frustrations that come with keeping things organized and beneficial for the largest part of the group that is being served (that would be us in this case). That said, I am sure that wasnt a case of Don not wanting us to chat bro, more of a trying to keep a handle on things as part of the administration side of it all. I think we should just keep on keepin on, chat away and all that and be thankful that it aint us running around with a broom trying to clean up after the likes of a clown named Cowpuc or a champ named YammerDan:big-grin-emoticon:!!

That is an interesting concept.

But where would you sleep if Tippy is sleeping in the side car.......

Under it maybe?

I was thinking more along the line of a DOUBLE WIDE sidecar having room for 2 of us sleeping inside there!!

Pass me the hot dogs will ya:big-grin-emoticon:

Neat idea / concept you have there cowpuc.. That would be really different.

Now as my thoughts begin to "EXPAND" on your idea...I see the side car being a two section side car that has capabilities to extend in "LENGHT" (not width), just like an RV expands outward, the rear section of the side car expands / extends backwards providing a much longer "cabin" to sleep in. I also see this providing more real estate for the back of the DOUBLE WIDE riders seat (which I see is a two piece), fold down and back filling the floor area of the rear extended section.

Once the sun comes up, the back portions (halves) of the seat fold back in place with the push of a button and the side car collapses back into its normal side car length to match that of the bike.

Oh heck, I have this view in my head and its giving me a headache now as all these ideas are coming in...stop..stop,,stop...

I have the Ketchup and mustard for those hot dogs when you find them..

Neat idea / concept you have there cowpuc.. That would be really different.

Now as my thoughts begin to "EXPAND" on your idea...I see the side car being a two section side car that has capabilities to extend in "LENGHT" (not width), just like an RV expands outward, the rear section of the side car expands / extends backwards providing a much longer "cabin" to sleep in. I also see this providing more real estate for the back of the DOUBLE WIDE riders seat (which I see is a two piece), fold down and back filling the floor area of the rear extended section.

Once the sun comes up, the back portions (halves) of the seat fold back in place with the push of a button and the side car collapses back into its normal side car length to match that of the bike.

Oh heck, I have this view in my head and its giving me a headache now as all these ideas are coming in...stop..stop,,stop...

I have the Ketchup and mustard for those hot dogs when you find them..

The glass exterior walls and floor of the side car could be insulated like the wall of a cooler, a narrow space could be preformed between them and the lighter weight plastic interior wall and floor area. This space could be used for water storage and have an access to it where bag ice could be dumped into the water jacket to provide a cheap source of cooling of the sleeping quarters if needed. This would also help with noise control for parking/sleeping in truckstop area's and would assist in being able to remain sealed up in the event of rain even when it hot and muggy out side. Narrow airway passages could be formed into the water jacket with a couple silent 12V fans mounted into the small plentum of this passageway providing air circulation if needed.

I think we deserve JOhnsonville Brats for this one Eckster!!

Most of us, like you and me, who live on this thing have stuff moved around from time to time Dan, its all part of the web experience. I too have stuck stuff in the wrong place and watched as it was moved into the area that fits it better. I dont know the boss personally, nor have I ever ran a website, but I do know from my years in management some of the frustrations that come with keeping things organized and beneficial for the largest part of the group that is being served (that would be us in this case). That said, I am sure that wasnt a case of Don not wanting us to chat bro, more of a trying to keep a handle on things as part of the administration side of it all. I think we should just keep on keepin on, chat away and all that and be thankful that it aint us running around with a broom trying to clean up after the likes of a clown named Cowpuc or a champ named YammerDan:big-grin-emoticon:!!

I was thinking more along the line of a DOUBLE WIDE sidecar having room for 2 of us sleeping inside there!!

Pass me the hot dogs will ya:big-grin-emoticon:

Squeezing into a single wide is a lot more fun!!!:banana::innocent-emoticon: Yeah I know Puc but its WINTER!!!

The slide out I have in mind, as I mentioned above, would also include two slide open doors, one on each side of the expando portion so each person could slip outeasily for those night time potty calls and each door would have port hole windows that crank open for ventilation /air flow (for those gassy nights ...cowpuc). :stickpoke:

Funny you mentioned it, after reading Cowpuck's adventure it got me thinking about making a trailer that the back half slides rearward and then the back would tilt up a couple feet and there would be a waterproof breathable fabric between the top and bottom . You would also need the gear you haul around in waterproof duffles in case of rain cause it now will be outside.

Crawl into a sleeping bag zip up the fabric and be cozy off of the ground.