In my quest for the (cheapest) right part I am needing to know the answer to one of two questions.

1. The place to get the cheapest replacement battery for the Venture First gen with hole for the battery sensor.

2. Best battery for the money and a way to bypass the sensor so it does not keep blinking at me.

Any ideas?

In my opinion, there is no better battery than the Odyssey. Don't know where the cheapest place to buy it is though. I bought mine from West Coast Batteries about 4 years ago.

Now there is no place in it for the sensor and it wouldn't work anyway because the sensor is for the electrolyte level and the Odyssey is a dry cell. Here are the instructions to bypass the sensor.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=489

Thanks Freebird!

I was looking at some of the prices and I found a Odyssey PC680 w/metal jacket for about $120 delivered. Thank you for the advice.

The link to the warning light bypass was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I just picked my OEM one up at the steelership for 74 bucks, I figured since I ordered a bunch of new gaskets and filters it would be easier to just get it! BTW came with the new Electrolight sensor as well, what a bargin!!!!!!!