IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Will a swiming beach on a lake do, I am new here and just started reading this, sounds like fun to me, but here in missiouri it has been a been a bad winter, maybe can get out in a few days, I have a long drive way with ice on it and a hill to get up, see what happens.

Will a swiming beach on a lake do, I am new here and just started reading this, sounds like fun to me, but here in missiouri it has been a been a bad winter, maybe can get out in a few days, I have a long drive way with ice on it and a hill to get up, see what happens.

You bet it will! :sign bring it on:

I used to have the long uphill driveway thing giong. I don't miss it.

Please join in when you can get out. Karen and I have had a ball, and put on lots of miles just going to look for some goofy thing that was the current target here.:banana: Hopefully this thread will start moving soon, what with spring coming and all.

I've set my own other target for this trip I'm starting today. I'll post a :photographing: of the first ROBIN I find as I head south.

Have Fun, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

The current target still is.....

You and your bike with a beach in the background. Prefer warm and sunny with sand and blue water, but so everyone can play, I will settle for hard water and snow covered sand as well. Have fun with it...

BONUS...I'll buy you a beer at the international if you're wearing your (or anybody else's) swimming suit. by Scooter Bob

It's been a month and a half now...:bang head: :confused24:

:scratchchin: Ok folks, Here's the deal....I plan on riding from here to Daytona, leaving out on the 24th, weather permitting (ie.. no snowstorms :cold: or icestorms :snow: along the way). If I make the beach, and nobody has scored the target yet, I'll break the rules and score my own target, :rasberry: and then set a new one.

You got a week and a half guys, let's play :stirthepot: :stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target still is....

You and your bike with a beach in the background. Prefer warm and sunny with sand and blue water, but so everyone can play, I will settle for hard water and snow covered sand as well. Have fun with it...

BONUS...I'll buy you a beer at the international if you're wearing your (or anybody else's) swimming suit. by Scooter Bob

Here's me and my bike at the beach south of St Augistine, Fl with nothing but the Atlantic in the distance. :rasberry:

If you look real close, you can see Africa...:confused24:

Way to cold for the swim suit though, for me and everyone else..:cold:

I'll set a new target in the morning, Scooter Bob

Nice Picture Bob, and a great choice for a new target. I have several candidates near me, but will hold off so someone else can play.

Remember, if you have a problem getting the picture because nobody else is around, you can do what I and others have done, use your mirror to get YOU in the picture while you shoot the front of the bike and the target....meets the spirit of the rules and makes it easier for one person without a tri-pod and timer camera to get the shot! Also don't have to get off the bike.

But you get extra points and pay for beauty and landscape etc. Just don't expect the check in the mail real soon! :confused07:

• 2 weeks later...

:sign cmon:Come on guys and gals. It's been over two weeks now.:think::stickpoke:

I'll have my bike back from the shop midweek, and would really love a new target to search for on the way home with it.:happy34:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target still is....

A picture of you and your bike in front of a little country church. by Scooter Bob

ok I got one. If evrybody agrees then I say the new target should be you your bike and field with horses and or cows etc. My beautiful wife wanted to ride today inspite of the pending rain and to top it off she wanted to ride double on mine so she could take pics. Just so I didint fill like I was cheating we took a 100 mile round trip with the pics of the church at the end of the ride. Being that this church is one block from me.

David

:You_Rock_Emoticon::thumbsup:Congratulations!:clap2::banana::cool10::happy65:

That works for me.:thumbsup2:

Let's get this Scavenger Hunt moving good again everyone.:banana::cool10:

Now, if I only had my scoot back from the shop,:think: it's over 50 degrees and sunny:sun1: right now and I'm stuck here:bang head: instead of riding around looking for cows and horses.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

new target is you, your bike, and field with horses and or cows.. by David (painterman67)

think i will pass on this one and wait for something I got to ride 50 miles for

You can always ride 50 miles and then take off the blindfold :sign just kidding:and start looking for horses or cows.:stickpoke:

A target last year about this time was a business with a "X" in the name. Way to easy to find that in Fox Lake, WI; so we rode 110 miles south to Fox Lake, IL and started looking there.

Have fun with it,:banana:

Later, Scooter Bob

current target is... you, your bike, and a field with horses and or cows.. by David (painterman67)

A field full of cows?..........

A couple of years ago I was out for a ride a few miles from the house. The road is a small paved two lane, ditch on each side, then a fence enclosing pasture land.

I'm tooling along when I notice half a mile up ahead the road is all black.....what is that? As I get closer, I start passing the stragglers and have to stop.

The road is completely blocked by 2 or 3 hundred dairy cows that have escaped the farm back up the road a ways.

I'm setting there on my bike trying to figure out what happens next, when I notice in my mirror a large quad coming up behind at a fast clip. It's the farmer (or cowboy) come to reclaim his wayward flock.

He passes me, goes down into the ditch and makes his way to the head end of the pack. I'm thinking, hey this is interesting I wonder what he's going to do? Bear in mind that I'm still sitting on a motorcycle in the middle of the spot that all of those large mobile milk bottles just came through.

This reality had NOT dawned on me quite yet.

About this time John Wayne has made it to the front of the herd, has parked his four wheeler sideways in the road and is standing on the seat waving his arms and yelling something that I can only assume is "baaad cows, get home!!!".

Well, whatever he yelled, worked.

On his command 200 cows turned around as one, and headed home. At top speed. With only one obstacle between them and the barn.

It's strange the things that go through your mind when there's several hundred tons of portable Big Macs bearing down on you........TURN AROUND AND RIDE LIKE THE WIND. Nope, too late. JUMP. Abandon the bike and head for the fence. Again a trifle tardy for that one too. I wonder if this will hurt, HEY, I bet this will make the paper tomorrow. Cool. No not cool, you don't want to be that guy......Oh crap they're here!

I'm sitting there trying to make my self real small (you know, like a real small guy) and wondering if my scoot will be ridable when it's over, when a strange thing happened.

The herd parted like water in a Cecil B Demille movie and went right around me. Neither the bike nor I got so much as a bump.

The cows moo their way past followed by the farmer and his quad. I pry the bike seat out of my crack and continue to have a great ride.

But, after that experience, I am NOT going out purposely looking for cows. :fingers-crossed-emo

I figure a guy can only be so lucky, and I'm not pushing it.

Don't even get me started on the two years that I spent working at an American Saddlebred horse ranch. :missingtooth:

A field full of cows?..........But, after that experience, I am NOT going out purposely looking for cows. :fingers-crossed-emo

I figure a guy can only be so lucky, and I'm not pushing it.

Great story! I've found a stray 1 here and there, but never a whole herd.

But hay(pun intended), you can always qualify with horses too...

Later, Scooter Bob

current target still is... a picture of you, your bike, and a field with horses and or cows.. by David (painterman67)

I'll be going on a ride to Fond du lac and back today. Plenty of country scenery along the way.

And I've already got the new target in my head.

Later, Scooter Bob

current target still is... a picture of you, your bike, and a field with horses and or cows.. by David (painterman67)

Now I never sadi it had to be a whole heard just a few will do for me. I just dont want to be the only one out there ridding. And besides , as I rode the back roads that my wife wanted pics on all I seen was cows everywhere and a few horses too.

Great story about the loose cows in the road. I know how oyu felt ............sorta.

The wife and I were ridding and we had to come to a complete stop one day on a back road when a bull chased 2 deer over the fence and into the road. The deer ran off but the bull just set there and lowerd his head at us and pawed the road. Can yoou say puckerd? luckily he decided we werent worth his time and walked back through the gate he destroyed. Oh yeah forgot to say ,the deer jumped the fence gate he ran through it.

So get out and ride and enjoy the time we are here. Who knows one day when you are waiving at that 1st gen following a honda shadow. The wife and I might be the ones waving back.

david

Last two days I rode past the same pasture with cows in it. Thought about stopping but didn't, traffic was a bit high, and no place to pull over.

Great story about the herd. Did you have to dodge a bunch of cow pies when leaving? :rotf:

Had a great ride with my older son yesterday. I am teaching him to find the "cow paths" as one person I know calls them, and he led yesterday and we had a wonderful ride, ending up at a favorite local place for desert (forget dinner, go for the calories right off the bat!). Raining today, but next week seems like a winner!

Guest seuadr

i got cows up the road and horses across the street, but the venture is out of commission at the moment. it'd feel like cheating to roll it out and take the picture :rasberry:

the new target should be you your bike and field with horses and or cows etc.

Was the emphasis on the animals or the field?:scratchchin:

Did 120 miles today to help a fellow member with some wrenchin', and he only lives 30 miles from here. I was just wandering around lookin' for the right photo op, but nothing was going to make a good picture.:think:

So I settled for a farm a half mile from home, and they're in a feed lot, not exactly a field.

Your call David.

If you like it, the next target is...

A picture of you and your bike and the Easter Bunny. Can be live, in costume, inflatable or solid ornament, doesn't matter just an Easter Bunny.

Unless your DynoDon, then it has to be an Easter Bunny in Kentucky.:stickpoke::sign just kidding:

Later, Scooter Bob

I say the feed lot is A-OK. beef on the hoof!

KY huh? Well, I wasn't going to nail the Easter Bunny thing too easily, they don't allow bikes inside churches here, and the city isn't all into Bunny decorations! :confused07:

Why not make it a hard one, like you and your bike balanced on top of a 200 foot TV tower?:starz::rotf:

(caution, thread hijack momentarily) So Scooter....we gonna do the May 1st IA event? I am pretty sure I and some others from our local STAR group will go.