IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

been lousy riding weather, but may be nicer on Turkey day or Black Friday.

I went out and spent money on Brown Wednesday and bought our first HDTV! Wow, we finally went from the 60's to maybe the 90's for viewing! A little cheap 19" tv for the kitchen to replace one we have had for maybe 15 years.

Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLLOOOOO! (knock knock knock) anyone out there!?

I had some chances to get the football picture but just forgot about it. Now there is lots of snow on the roads in spots and it is COLD! Supposed to be near 40 Saturday, so maybe if the roads aren't too wet I can get out.

How about you warm weather folks? Got to be a football stadium out there near you, let's get this going again!

• 4 weeks later...

In between tornado warnings and heavy rain, there was a tiny patch of blue sky and I took the trusty VR out for a 1.5 hour ride. While out, I stopped by the local HS football field. here are my pics:

First pic has me in the mirrors and Babcook Field in the background. Second pick is just a better shot of the field. Glorious day for a ride.

If this is OK, I will set the next target.

You and your bike and a bridge of some sort. bonus if it is a covered bridge. another bonus if you are ON the bridge when taking the picture(do NOT stop in traffic! stop in a safe location!, remember bonus really doesn't mean anything but bragging rights!).

football field 1.jpg

football field2.jpg

My drive had a crust of snow/ice the last month+ and I was about to go stir crazy. Then it rained overnight two nights ago and warmed up and 10+" of snow was gone like magic. Crust on drive was gone and out I went! Hope to get out today (New Years Day) for a ride, but like you Bob, I will be wary of ice. 17 degrees here in Peoria land right now, and the roads never dried before the temps fell. So I will take the cage out to scout how safe it is. Don't like falling down! :yikes:

Happy New Years everyone, get used to writing 2011

Roads are mostly dry and clean here. 11 degrees at Beaver Dam right after I took this pic, and 30 mph winds. But hey, it put a smile back on my face. Like you Don, the roads have been coverd with frozen stuff for most of the month, but it all disappeared in the last 2 days.

So anyway, here's your bridge, and me in the clutch cover.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I'll think up another target shortly.

Later, Scooter Bob

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6ea0fe1-6c87-487f.jpg

Bob, good one, my target only lasted a day!

You also win the cold ride on New Years award so far. I saw 21 on the GoldWing and 18 at a bank clock. Took a 45 mile, 50 minute ride today, just got back. Had grips on high, gloves on medium, and no other heated clothing. Had toe warmers on my toes, but could have used two of them with my un-insulated leather boots. Could also use another layer on my legs( just jeans and chaps) but at the end I was still comfortable, a long way from shivering, and having fun. Saw one bike (an Electra glide) yesterday, and one bike today, but didn't see it soon enough to see what kind of bike or if they rider waved.

A business sign with "Q" huh? I looked over the phone book and there are several within 10 miles, so if it keeps up being sunny and nice (should rise in the upper 20's tomorrow, and 30's by mid-week. I should be able to get this one.

If it is just the two of us going at it, I will chose a harder target next time! LOL

Have a great day Bob, and to everyone else!......get on your bike and play!

I'm waiting Don...

Actually, I'm kinda kickin' myself in the butt :buttkick: for not going for a putt again today. Bright sun, a little colder than yesterday, but a lot less wind.

The current target still is....

A pic of you and your bike and a business sign with a "Q" in the name. by Scooter Bob

Later, Scooter Bob

WOW, got on the site today to see if football target was met yet and it's already old news. My Daughter was admitted into the Hospital December 27th and just got out yesterday so I was sleeping at the hospital and was out of the loop. Glad to see the cold weather riders are still playing.

Well I was at my target, lined up the camera phone and ......the battery died! Irony of Ironies. I finally remember to find a business with Q in it (Dairy Queen) and can't take a picture.

So if it doesn't snow to much in the next day or so (in forecast, but not supposed to be much, I will try again.

Did get in a nice 65 mile ride at highway speeds, trying out my new winter boots (warmer, but still need toe warmers) and a new scarf my wife gave me for my neck (toasty, but could not turn my head much!). Was out about 1.5 hours. Felt great.

I picked an odd, seldom used letter.:scratchchin: What was I thinkin' with this group? :doh:These things are all over the place.:bang head:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6dde973-2614-6e52.jpg

Don, I sure wish you would've gotten me a new target for this beautiful 20 degree sunny day.:stickpoke::D

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Bob, I tried. I actually wanted to go get something local with a "Q" that was more unusual like: Qdoba Mexican Grill, several "Quality" businesses! Quicksilver mailing or Quarter Construction! But Noooooo You had to go and get a DQ before I could get my camera charged! LOL

OK, set a new target, like a sign with an A in it. I know where there are several AA Air conditioning companies! :rotfl:

Not been the best riding conditions lately, and we have a bunch of snow on the way for Tuesday. So I won't be out for a while.

All you warm weather riders...where you at? go get involved with the greatest game ever invented for a motorcycle nut, a good excuse to ride~!

Way to step up Joe and IH, we may approve big rigs soon! :)

Joe, did you serve on a ship (thanks for your service BTW) ? I had a cousin in the Navy, served many tours on the Saratoga. Saratoga Society just lost out on being able to get it donated as a tourism site, and it will be cut up. They are going in with another group on another carrier. Sad that we are loosing these icons of the cold war so rapidly.

Way to step up Joe and IH, we may approve big rigs soon! :)

Joe, did you serve on a ship (thanks for your service BTW) ? I had a cousin in the Navy, served many tours on the Saratoga. Saratoga Society just lost out on being able to get it donated as a tourism site, and it will be cut up. They are going in with another group on another carrier. Sad that we are loosing these icons of the cold war so rapidly.

I spent 23 years in and did several ships, I have several old shipmates who served on the Saratoga. All of the ship's I served on are still in commision the oldest is the WASP which I was part of the first crew. The attachment you make to the ship makes you want to see them all as a musem instead of shaving with them years later.

My cousin was a Signalman on the Sara and other ships later. He was a plank owner on the Sara. (I was really young at the time and asked if he got to take the "plank" with him when he retired! :confused07:

He made Master Chief before retiring. He always said being Chief was the best job in the Navy, still had the respect of enlisted men and could get even the Captain to listen! :thumbsup2:

I lost him to heart surgery he didn't make it out of a few years ago, I never had a brother, but he was real close. Name was Jordan, maybe you met him? I want to go to a Saratoga Signalman convention if they have another one, I have touched base with several who knew him.

Maybe Bob doesn't want to set a new target because he got his own Q target. :confused24: Doesn't matter to me if you get your own. Guess if someone else got a Q they could set a new target. :think: My bike is snowed in so I can't help get one at the moment. :snow: