IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Lets see if this works. Here is a picture of Me, my wing, and the front of Shady Acres Texas grocery store. Not sure if its Mom and Pop store or just Pop (with bars on the window to keep mom out). They don't even have a sign.

Momma is riding with me today and preferes the wing seat. The '83 Venture is in the shed today.:7_6_3[1]:

Lets see if this works. Here is a picture of Me, my wing, and the front of Shady Acres Texas grocery store. Not sure if its Mom and Pop store or just Pop (with bars on the window to keep mom out). They don't even have a sign.

Momma is riding with me today and preferes the wing seat. The '83 Venture is in the shed today.:7_6_3[1]:

Looks Good to me and nice looking bike. Now it's your turn pick a target.

Thanks Joe for getting the target and setting a new one! Mom and Pop for sure! I know a few of those sub-stations, but right now there is a lot of two different kinds of white stuff on all my roads (snow and salt), so I am grounded for a while.

Nice weather people, go look for a "shocking" photo! :rotf::yikes:

Next target you your bike and a race track Nascar, dirt track, horse or dog track there should be a lot first gens hanging around a drag strip doesn't have to be open or a race going on. Have fun and :080402gudl_prv:

Was a great day to ride. Started off in the mid 30's and made it all the way up to 50.

This is a small time drag strip about 40 minutes from my place (http://www.75-80dragway.com/). Unfortunately it was closed for the season so this is a close as I could get.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/danzoom/IMG_0123.jpg

Dan, I love seeing those "little" drag strips. So few are left, bet people have a blast at that one during the season. Good catch. Now to see if I can remember where that shelter was near Pekin! And hope the snow/salt goes away from the roads. We had a lot of salt on the roads till last week when we got a nice rain. Then some good riding for a few days, and then two nights ago we got less than an inch of snow and the salt trucks came out like, well, like salt trucks coming out for less than an inch of snow in Illinois! :crying:

should be nice the next few days, just stay away from the piles of that white stuff if I can!

Enjoy your ride everyone!

Dan, I love seeing those "little" drag strips. So few are left, bet people have a blast at that one during the season. Good catch.

Even though it is fairly close to home, I didn't know it existed until it was set as a target for this hunt. I found it by doing a google search. Another good thing about this game, it gets you out to places that you wouldn't normally think of.

I'll definitely be checking it out when it opens this spring.

Cheers

In honor of our latest addition to our home zoo; the next target is you, your bike and an animal shelter or animal rescue center.

Cheers and good luck.

Just a reminder for everyone to be looking for that animal shelter! I may be able to get one today if I remember (getting harder and harder to do that!).

Well, since DynoDon missed this:stickpoke:, and he is now getting rained on:stickpoke:, and about to get snowed on...:stickpoke:

Karen and I are gonna suit up and go get it in mid 30's and solid sunshine up here in Wisconsin.:D

Should have it in and hour or so.:scratchchin:

I just hope we don't end up dragging another critter home.:doh:

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

The current target still is...

In honor of our latest addition to our home zoo; the next target is you, your bike and an animal shelter or animal rescue center. by DanOh

Good hunting Bob! Rain today where I am, but no snow in the forecast. Bunch of us caging it to the STAR sponsored Hot Winter nights at Niehause in Litchfield, IL. I don't care for the jerk running the service dept, but they have free food/drink and I can meet up with lots of other STAR folk. And see what they have for bikes. :cool10:

Have fun on the ride today, and stay strong on not bringing home a stray (bike OR pet!).:rotf:\

P.S., quit poking at me, my shoulder is sore!

Oh, does this ride feel great! Just what the doctor ordered. Got the pics about 15 miles from home, and had to ride farther away for lunch, just because.

Karen chose the next target...

In honor of Presidents day, a pic of you and your bike and a sign of some sort with the name of one of the birthday boys. Those with sore shoulders may only have to ride to the edge of town.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

TWEEET! I may call a foul, Bob, this was supposed to be a picture of YOU and your bike etc. The passenger may not count. On second thought, a picture of you would just be scary! :stickpoke: (poke back).

Since I live in Washington (Illinois) I may be able to find something with ole George's pic on it, but it will have to quit raining, and my shoulder will have to heal up a bit from Bob's poking at it! :shock3:

Sounds like you had a nice ride today, keep up the good work.:sun:

Sounds like you had a nice ride today, :sun:

Just got home. We had a wonderful ride:sun:. Only put about 75 miles on, but felt just great to have fresh air force fed again.:thumbsup2:

TWEEET! I may call a foul, The passenger may not count. On second thought, a picture of you would just be scary! :stickpoke:

You got that right.:yikes:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is... In honor of Presidents Day, a pic of you and your bike and a sign of some sort with the name of one of the birthday boys. by Scooter Bob and Karen

In honor of Presidents day, a pic of you and your bike and a sign of some sort with the name of one of the birthday boys. Those with sore shoulders may only have to ride to the edge of town.

Nice. Would have been many extra bonus points if you came home with a critter. My wife isn't permitted to visit those places unsupervised. With the latest addition of an 8 week old pit pup that was part of a litter abandoned in a cardboard box, we are at 3 dogs to go with a house full of kids.

Assuming the snow that is falling right now melts tomorrow, I should be able to get this new target. Living just a few miles outside of Washington DC makes it an easy one for us.

Cheers

Update on the Niehaus cycle Hot Winter Nights STAR event last night. I had a bad experience with the service manager at this place and vowed to never spend money there again, but they had nice mesh summer jackets from STAR on sale at half price (about 90 plus tax) that actually fit my body! I also bought one for the wife so we are now twins. :happy65:

They had free food, free blackjack for fun and a few door prizes, and there were a couple hundred people there with STAR vests on. hadn't been around the leather group for a while, but it was kind of nice. Rained all night, but someone actually rode a bike to the event!

Be 40ish and sunny today here, so I can go hunting for something to do with George Washington in Washington IL. Next someone should ask to find something to do with Ronald Reagan (I live 6 miles from Eureka College where he went to school!). Easy pics if I can just remember to get the shot! :crying:

Happy Super bowl, 5 hours of pre-game and what? less than an hour of actual football? Oh and Madonna...I know I can go to the garage and change some oil for halftime!:crackup: