• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Skid said in an earlier post. "near North Myrtle"

Address: 712 48th Ave, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

Phone:(843) 272-6834

According to what I looked up

That's the one we went to last time just wanted to make sure since there are two.

Yes the same one we was at in May this year on 48th avenue. And if anyone is interested, I have reservations for Bike Week in May 2015 and will probably eat at Hamburger Joe's again. I like that place. LOL

Edited by Skid

Blue Sky

What time do you plan to leave the Wilmington area? I am going to try to make it down for lunch and will be going through Wilmington.

Earl

No earlier than 10:00. Could be later since I think it is just over an hour's ride to the restaurant. Are you coming from Greenville? If you would like to meet and ride the rest of the way together that would be great! Would you be coming down 17 through New Bern and Jacksonville or I40 through Kinston? It's faster through Kinston but you have about 50 miles of I40 to ride.

I would be coming down 17 and I take the new bypass around Wilmington. I would like to ride down with you. Where is a good place to met up?

Earl

Probably at a spot on #421 after you get to the end of the bypass around Wilmington and take a left on 421. I'll scope out a good spot to wait tomorrow and let you know since I have to go that way to the county dump.

BlueSky

Sounds good, I will check back tomorrow.

Earl

Earl,

There is a Scotchman Shell gas station located on highway 421 about 2 1/2 miles south from the end of the outer Wilmington bypass that you will be coming in on. It's located at the exit of the inner Wilmington bypass to 421. I will wait for you there. I'll park my 89VR where you can see it if I can. Hopefully you can meet me there by 10:30 am. I'll probably ride ahead if I don't see you by 10:30.

I grew up about 45 miles north of Greenville and I travel through Greenville to visit my relatives. When I come through Kinston and use highway 11/903 to go through Pink Hill and Kenansville to get to I40, I save 30 minutes of driving time, maybe because I can drive fast for about 50 miles on I40. Then you turn at exit 416 that is the outer bypass around Wilmington. That is how much time it saves me versus going using 17 all the way to Windsor. But when I'm driving it I usually go close to 80mph in the 70 zone on I40.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for you tomorrow. See you around 10:30am.

Bill

Earl,

There is a Scotchman Shell gas station located on highway 421 about 2 1/2 miles south from the end of the outer Wilmington bypass that you will be coming in on. It's located at the exit of the inner Wilmington bypass to 421. I will wait for you there. I'll park my 89VR where you can see it if I can. Hopefully you can meet me there by 10:30 am. I'll probably ride ahead if I don't see you by 10:30.

I grew up about 45 miles north of Greenville and I travel through Greenville to visit my relatives. When I come through Kinston and use highway 11/903 to go through Pink Hill and Kenansville to get to I40, I save 30 minutes of driving time, maybe because I can drive fast for about 50 miles on I40. Then you turn at exit 416 that is the outer bypass around Wilmington. That is how much time it saves me versus going using 17 all the way to Windsor. But when I'm driving it I usually go close to 80mph in the 70 zone on I40.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for you tomorrow. See you around 10:30am.

Bill

Do you have an address to the Shell Station?

Hey Guys,

The weather is turning ugly for tomorrow. Cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. Wednesday is supposed to be 73 degrees and sunny. Let's put it off until Wednesday!

This is the address of the Shell gas station, the Scotchman.

1610 US Highway 421 N. Wilmington NC

Hey Guys,

The weather is turning ugly for tomorrow. Cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. Wednesday is supposed to be 73 degrees and sunny. Let's put it off until Wednesday!

This is the address of the Shell gas station, the Scotchman.

1610 US Highway 421 N. Wilmington NC

Tomorrow is my only option this week.

The cloud coming in from the ocean isn't that large right now. I'll wait and see what it looks like in the morning. It may be a no never mind. The forecast has the rain ending in Wilmington around 9:00am or 10:00am. So, it just might work out great!!

Edited by BlueSky