IGNORED

Phoenix, AZ

bmiller

J and I are headed to Phoenix for 1 week. Just wondering if there are any members in the area who would like to get together over a coffee or what ever and share some stories. I have thoughts of renting a bike for a day or two (not sure if that is possible) so possibly a ride in the area.

We took a trip to Vegas yesterday, seen the Hoover Dam (impressive), Freemont Street (equally as impressive) & the Cirque Du Soleil show "Mystere" (Incredible). From Vegas we headed to the Grand Canyon today!! Incredible scenery, this was on my bucket list to see and let me tell you I was not disappointed. Sedona on the way back to Phoenix tomorrow. Heading back to Canada on Saturday, overall have had a great trip so far!! I TRIED posting some pictures of the Grand Canyon but could not get them to upload. Is this a product of the new site or just my lack of techie skills. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We took a trip to Vegas yesterday, seen the Hoover Dam (impressive), Freemont Street (equally as impressive) & the Cirque Du Soleil show "Mystere" (Incredible). From Vegas we headed to the Grand Canyon today!! Incredible scenery, this was on my bucket list to see and let me tell you I was not disappointed. Sedona on the way back to Phoenix tomorrow. Heading back to Canada on Saturday, overall have had a great trip so far!! I TRIED posting some pictures of the Grand Canyon but could not get them to upload. Is this a product of the new site or just my lack of techie skills. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you have time, Jerome is a cool place to see, a historic mining town on the side of a low mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
Depends on which way to choose to use from Phoenix, the way we went. coming in from the east on 260 it is a straight road. 89A from the SW is crooked.

I just made that ride today on 89A and crooked it was and I loved every minute of it.

Oh man B,, no idea how I missed this!! Hopefully you folks are having a blast out there if your still at it! I LOVE that area you just toured thru - IT IS GORGEOUS OUT THERE!! Would LOVE to see some pics of your journey!!

Speaking of pics, your pic loading problems are probably pic size related.. I think I remember Don mentioning that this new site will handle a little bit bigger pic BUT,, my experience has been that 640x480 works the best for downloading/uploading with all this puter stuff.. On my computer, if I open my picture files, let the cursor sit on a pic - the computer will display the actual size of the pic.. I also know that my little camera that I take pics with has a "size" menu in it,, that 640/480 is usually found under "economy" and is where I take pics at cause I like to stick em on my computer... If your pics are to big, there is a way to resize em - you will have to get that info from some other genius cause this genius dont got no clue!!

Hope all is well!!

Puc

Geesh!

Can't believe we missed everyone..... I was up in Sedona and 89A on Saturday....rode up the canyon to 6K feet elevation, then turned around and headed back to Sedona. Continued on 89A to Cottonwood then picked up I-17 and went back to Phoenix. Spent the weekend in Phoenix. Two pics from Sunset Point rest area on I-17 and one pic from Sedona. Buddy's HD Ultra and my 950T. Would have been on the Venture but had a tire separate and had to swap bikes!

IMG_20141115_113051_995.jpgIMG_20141115_130039_409.jpgIMG_20141115_153819_501.jpg

Puc, thanks for the advise on the pic's!! I will give it a try & see if I am able to get some uploaded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95057[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95058[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95059[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95060[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95061[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95062[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95063[/ATTACH]

Amazing Country! Truly Blessed to be able to take in all these sights!!

Your welcome B,,, but really,,, no thanks necessary,,, after all - I DONE GOT BLESSED JUST SEEING THAT GORGEOUS COUNTRY THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH!!!

You can get to Sedona VIA: Phoenix, Wickenburg, Prescott, Jerome then Sedona. Nice twisties...but cops do patrol for bikers who speed....
David David David,, your killing me here ya know,,, If I had to make a choice between having those Copsters chase me down cause my pace was a little fast or come rescue me out of a 10 foot snowbank that the FOOL left laying around,,, well,, you KNOW what I would rather have.....

Soooooo,, how much were ya over:big-grin-emoticon:,,,, shoulda said something like,,, PHEW - SURE AM GLAD I WASNT ON MY OTHER BIKE - YOU MAY HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CATCH UP TO ME TO LET ME KNOW I WAS SPEEDING:rotfl::rotfl: - SIR:missingtooth:

Your welcome B,,, but really,,, no thanks necessary,,, after all - I DONE GOT BLESSED JUST SEEING THAT GORGEOUS COUNTRY THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH!!!

David David David,, your killing me here ya know,,, If I had to make a choice between having those Copsters chase me down cause my pace was a little fast or come rescue me out of a 10 foot snowbank that the FOOL left laying around,,, well,, you KNOW what I would rather have.....

Soooooo,, how much were ya over:big-grin-emoticon:,,,, shoulda said something like,,, PHEW - SURE AM GLAD I WASNT ON MY OTHER BIKE - YOU MAY HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CATCH UP TO ME TO LET ME KNOW I WAS SPEEDING:rotfl::rotfl: - SIR:missingtooth:

LOL! I was riding the 950T 2 up last year and went through the speed trap on St Rt 89 between Congress and Prescott. (look it up on a map) They had two traps set....but since I was on the 950...I can't corner very fast as the footrests scrape easily and my wifemate would jab me in the side everytime. So I was only 10 over. Couple of crotch rocket guys got caught though.....(grins) .

So Puc...when are you and Tippy moving down this way? Come ride from September to June...each year. Do Maintenance in summer!