IGNORED

Anybody want to post what they paid for their used bikes?

pbjman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a 1987 for $1,500 with 13,000 miles. Pr Etta good shape. But, I think I have a carburetor leak. Can you tell me where the tank petcock is?

Ha- don't see that word "Etta" in print to often. It's my mother's name.

I don't have a 1st gen, but aren't motorcycle petcocks always on the left side underneath the tank. It should be plainly visible. Someone will chime in or post a pic before long. (Some motorcycles have dual petcocks, one on each side)

I just bought a 1987 for $1,500 with 13,000 miles. Pr Etta good shape. But, I think I have a carburetor leak. Can you tell me where the tank petcock is?

Hi Kaj,, welcome to the family!!

Is your bike an 87 Venture? Just didnt see it posted and its kind of important info..

Anyway,, assuming it is a Venture we are speaking of, the petcock is, while sitting on the bike - right side - just above the passengers foot rest..

Keep in mind that these scoots carry their fuel below the seat and utilize a fuel pump to get fuel to the carbs.. So, turning the fuel off is not necessary to do carb work..

Ive had my 03 RSV for about 18 months now, and I had to drive to Calgary to get her home. I paid a fair amount by US standards, but the bike was in perfect shape and had under 40000 kms on her (she now has 73000km on it and I havnt even had to do sparkplugs yet) I had to pay 7500 cdn for it all in, but its exactly the colour and the bike I wanted.

Brian

Btw way 40000 kms is 24800 miles and 73000kms is 45300 miles.

I bought my 2004 Midnight Venture just 3 weeks ago for $4,500. It was a 1 owner bike with 63,000 miles. It's in showroom condition and has almost every STAR accessory that was offered back in 2004. It's got the luggage rack and led light bar on the trunk, plus pipes that sound awesome! It has passing lamps and the corbin seat made specifically for the venture with driver backrest, plus highway pegs. It has the chrome accents on the tank, inner fairing and trunk which really add to the looks in my opinion. It also has all kinds of extra chrome which really makes it pop. I've counted at least 12 pieces of chrome on the bike (not including accents) that don't come stock. This thing even has a trailer hitch on it. Oh and it has the different links which raised the rear end for improved handing as well. On top of all of that the guy I bought it from gave me 8 quarts of Amsoil, 2 oil filters and a spare set of K&N air filters. I think I got a steal on this one and I'm super happy with it.

My 90 venture had 16.175 on it when bought in 04 it now has 205,349. Had a real fine 1993 sitting in the garage for two years waiting for Old Blue to crap and it did i think theres a leak in the oil pan but that is ok its my parts bike now and i really do appreiciate a parts bike . On my 1993 bought with 34,289 on it in 2010 it now has 127,402 as of Sept 22 when it finally happened i met a deer that almost took me out Thank God for the helmet. Paid 3500.00 for one and 32 for the other.These bike were in real good shape when bought but i ride lot of miles and they do brake down lots. 73 Yoop

I paid $1500 CAD. / $1290 USD this November for a road worthy 1986 venture. It had new tires, battery and plugs. Think I'll just get a 4 brush starter and bleed the clutch and we'll be good for the most part. 60000 miles.

The bike was in Dauphin, Manitoba; not a lot of winter buyers there.

Edited by Rdfroese