IGNORED

Plan 2 for while the site is down for upgrades.

Flyinfool

During the times that the site is down for upgrades, if you really need a fix like I do.

I really went thru a lot of withdrawals yesterday, specially since I can not ride or do much of anything else right now.

You can log into chat while the site is down.

Just bookmark this link;

http://host718.123flashchat.com/venturerider/123flashchat.php?init_group=venturerider

By using this link you can get into the VRO chat room even while the site is down for upgrades.

I guess I found out yesterday that this does not work if I am the only one that knows about it.....:whistling:

Edited by Flyinfool

Why can't you ride? It's was 60+ degrees all weekend.

:stickpoke:

RR

Bike is fine, I am broken.

A friend came over and helped me put the bike to bed for the winter nap.

He is a Hardly rider, he had to take the bike for a spin to warm it up good and get the treated gas into the carbs. We may have a future convert from a Hardly.

You mean you're not at the stage of talking to yourself yet? :whistling:

There are sometimes I like to pick on someone other than myself.

Tried all morning. Went to work. Been trying all evening. The difference is that I created a mirror site of the forum so that I can work on it there until I figure it out and not disrupt the live forum. This is a major update with many database changes. I think the problem I'm having is MySQL timing out and not letting the update complete. I know that I've done everything right but it's not finishing. Now VBulletin is telling me that due to the number of posts and etc., I will probably have to install it via SSH command line. That is fairly foreign to me. I'll get it done one way or another.

So far, I've probably spent about 26 hours trying to get it updated and with nothing to show for it.

Tried all morning. Went to work. Been trying all evening. The difference is that I created a mirror site of the forum so that I can work on it there until I figure it out and not disrupt the live forum. This is a major update with many database changes. I think the problem I'm having is MySQL timing out and not letting the update complete. I know that I've done everything right but it's not finishing. Now VBulletin is telling me that due to the number of posts and etc., I will probably have to install it via SSH command line. That is fairly foreign to me. I'll get it done one way or another.

So far, I've probably spent about 26 hours trying to get it updated and with nothing to show for it.

I cannot begin to thank you enough for all of the time you put into this site for all of us.

Brian