IGNORED

My 2nd gen key is getting warm!

Broncoboy36081

The key on my 07 was always warm to the touch after riding, not uncomfortable to touch, but noticeably warm.

Ignition switches on the second gens are know for going south.

Yeah had read they liked to crap out. Just think I better be safe and bypass it. It gets warm enough to feel it in my pocket a minute or 2 after.

Wont be long and your ignition switch will be failing...

Suggest you might install the ignition switch by pass NOW before you get caught out on the road somewhere unexpectedly..There is no warning when it goes..:whistling:

If you install the by-pass switch now.. you can still use the key as always..

When the ignition switch shorts out / fails, all you have to do is flip the by-pass switch and your able to continue riding until you get another switch....or leave it like that and no one will know..

Check it out here for details on how to do this mod.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75398

Hey Eck. Thinking of going with the plug and play a member on here has. Any thoughts

Yep, that will work too..

Either way you choose, if your ignition switch fails unexpectedly out on the road some place, you wont be stuck and ruin your ride plans for that day.

After you install the by-pass (or plug & play) mod, it brings a warm sense of security and or confidence, knowing you just eliminated one more possibility of breaking down.

So do you have it installed yet............:stickpoke::rasberry::rotf:

Looking forward to meeting up with you :thumbsup2:

Eck

Listing for my by-pass kit is here. Most times if the switch still is in working condition you only need the regular by-pass. If the switch is completely gone I have a keyless set up that will get you back going.

It takes the current that would normally be going through the ignition switch - across the contacts of the switch that frequently get intermittent and fail due to heat buildup - and runs that current through a relay.* the ignition switch still controls the relay coil that has been added*(unless you get the keyless model, then it is toggle switches*that you add) so when you turn on the ignition switch, the relay closed and all the current that USED to*go across the ignition switch contacts ends up at the same place but gets there via the relay contacts.* turn off the ignition switch and the power to the relay goes off too.

this means that your ignition switch should not have any reason to fail and should last for the*foreseeable future!

it is a simple matter to install his kit, just unplug a plug that goes to the*ignition switch and insert this relay kit in between the*plugs and also connect a ground lead

Listing for my by-pass kit is here. Most times if the switch still is in working condition you only need the regular by-pass. If the switch is completely gone I have a keyless set up that will get you back going.

It takes the current that would normally be going through the ignition switch - across the contacts of the switch that frequently get intermittent and fail due to heat buildup - and runs that current through a relay.* the ignition switch still controls the relay coil that has been added*(unless you get the keyless model, then it is toggle switches*that you add) so when you turn on the ignition switch, the relay closed and all the current that USED to*go across the ignition switch contacts ends up at the same place but gets there via the relay contacts.* turn off the ignition switch and the power to the relay goes off too.

this means that your ignition switch should not have any reason to fail and should last for the*foreseeable future!

it is a simple matter to install his kit, just unplug a plug that goes to the*ignition switch and insert this relay kit in between the*plugs and also connect a ground lead

I will be ordering the bypass. Where is the best place to ground it. Thanks