IGNORED

source for chrome screws

Guest sadrand

Guest sadrand

Anyone know a good source for the screws that hold the reservoir covers? I ordered two chrome covers and I assumed they would come with chrome screws (ass u me). Actually, they didn't come with screws at all and the dark grey screws that come on the bike don't look good with the chrome reservoir covers. I am also looking to replace the screws that hold that piece of chrome above the gas cap with chrome ones.

Hardware stores, like Eck said ACE carries them up here.

Almost all flea markets in Florida carry Stainless Steel, don't know what grade they

are but they cheap and easily to polish.

Jerry

Ace Hardware carries metric chrome bolts and nuts ..............:thumbsup2:

Yep, ACE Hardware. Get them in stainless. If you want them to look like chrome buff the 'H' out of them. Just take one of of the old ones in with you to match it up......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sadrand

Thanks for all your responses. I have been away on vacation (on the RSTD, of course) and have just returned. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. To Ponch, thanks for your offer. Unfortunately, I don't know what sizes the screws are, I can't seem to find a diagram listing the sizes of the bolts and screws in the RSTD. I will try to polish the button head screws on the gas-tank chrome piece since they are stainless. I need to find some chrome screws for the reservoir covers. The covers are Cobra, btw, that came without screws. I tried my local ACE Hardware, but they didn't have metric chrome in the correct sizes. If I can figure out the sizes, I will see if I can order some online. I'll check with my local Yammie dealer to see if they can tell me the sizes. Thanks again for your help.

• 4 months later...