IGNORED

Product review of Personal Power Supply

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: A few weeks ago a coworker showed me a gift that he received. Micro Start PPS Antigravity Battery. Small compact battery with a Multi tip USB power cord to charge the most common cell phones. Also has a set of small jumper cables and enough power to jump start a vehicle or motorcycle. Weighs around 1lb. Built in flashlight, emergency strobe light. I watched a you tube video and was impressed.

I considered purchasing one on Amazon but ran across a dealer at the J&P Cycle store in Sturgis. My wife spotted the dealer first and grabbed one immediately. Rally specially for $116.

Our newest Kia Optima like many new cars does not have a accessory plug that is hot all the time. We often need to charge our phones while in the car but cannot do it unless the key is on. A real pain. I thought the PPS would come in handy. I have used it daily at work and really like the convenience of not being tethered to my vehicles for on the go charging.

I also wanted to carry it with us on the bike. I showed it to a riding buddy last week. Last night he entered his Harley Sprint in a vintage motorcycle event and did not get the key turned completely off. Head light was off but tail light evidently still on in bright sunlight and ran the battery completely dead. When he went to leave he discovered his error. I happened to be eating supper next door. He asked if he could borrow my gadget. Gave it a good test. Bike started right up, but died as soon as the jumper cables were removed. So he was able to reconnected the short jumper cables and left the device connected while he rode the bike back to his radiator shop a mile away. From now on I will always be sure to carry it with me. Below is the you tube video link. Just my two cents.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WTbDdjn2s&sns=em]Antigravity Batteries Micro Start, Starting Demonstration flv - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Phoneman1981
Miss spelling

Yeah, I bought one of these at the local NAPA store back in July. I was skeptical about whether it would actually start my car and had originally bought it to use to run my CPAP while camping (it will power the unit for 8 hours of good sleep). As it turned out, I had left the door open on my car in the garage for the whole weekend and drained the battery dead. It wouldn't even light up the dash when i turned the key. I hooked this thing up and the car started just fine. It even had to crank it for a while because the computer had reset itself from the power drain. If I hadn't seen it with my own own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. A little pricey, but worth it!

Looks pretty neat I guess. Maybe it would have been a less expensive solution for my DR650 than the $170 lithium battery I put in it. It seems pricey for the size of it but if it really will start a car that's great! I ran the battery down in my hybrid by leaving a small defrost heater running. It wouldn't have been a big deal since the huge 300 volt battery was fine but there was nothing for the computer to run on. I wonder if this would have worked for that.

Interesting,,, may get one when I retire and travel next year.

Amazon Prime for $105

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-Micro-Start-Multi-Function-Personal/dp/B00FDYYK4A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409395614&sr=8-2&keywords=antigravity+battery]Amazon.com: Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-1 Multi-Function Jump Starter / Personal Power Supply: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41l0JFeETdL.@@AMEPARAM@@41l0JFeETdL[/ame]