IGNORED

Clutch help and suggestions for replacement.

Or you can go to PCWracing.com or Barnett Clutches. I have installed all of these for myself and others and all are very good. You do NOT need new clutch discs. And if your pressure plates are not burned (blue tint) then all you need are new and stronger clutch springs. Skydock supplies a quality product.

:farmer:

Air in the clutch system will not make it slip, air will make the clutch not fully disengage. So bleeding will not fix a slipping clutch, new springs will. Skydoc_17 is not only a good source for parts, but a good source for information on how to do it.

But then if you have never done it before, now is as good a time as any to replace the old fluid with fresh fluid.

A plugged expansion relief hole will cause a clutch to start slipping in 5th gear under load, and continue to get worse as the clutch fluid continues to heat up. Before doing anything else take a piece of wire from one of those wire ties you find in market produce sections. Strip the cover off and run it through the hole....which is located in the bottom of the reserve... If that doesn't cure the problem then go to plan B.

PS... Listing your bike make and model under your screen name will help a bunch, and keep us from having to go to your profile..

A plugged expansion relief hole will cause a clutch to start slipping in 5th gear under load' date=' and continue to get worse as the clutch fluid continues to heat up. Before doing anything else take a piece of wire from one of those wire ties you find in market produce sections. Strip the cover off and run it through the hole....which is located in the bottom of the reserve... If that doesn't cure the problem then go to plan B. ----[/quote']

First time I have heard that Condor. Wonder how many guys like me with some 5th gear slippage just went ahead and did clutch work without checking this.

A plugged expansion relief hole will cause a clutch to start slipping in 5th gear under load, and continue to get worse as the clutch fluid continues to heat up. Before doing anything else take a piece of wire from one of those wire ties you find in market produce sections. Strip the cover off and run it through the hole....which is located in the bottom of the reserve... If that doesn't cure the problem then go to plan B.

PS... Listing your bike make and model under your screen name will help a bunch, and keep us from having to go to your profile..

I will try that condor!! Thanks

First time I have heard that Condor. Wonder how many guys like me with some 5th gear slippage just went ahead and did clutch work without checking this.

I'm not going to name names, and I ain't gonna tell ya how I know about the plugged hole, and spending lots of money rebuilding the entire clutch...:whistling: And I can't claim the wire tie trick. Klaus down in Vegas came up with that..

I'm just saying it doesn't take much to check it out, and maybe save a bunch of money.... Another way to tell if the hole is open is remove the reserve cover and gently squeeze the lever. If it's OK you'll see a deformation of the fluid surface as it squirts thru the hole. If the hole is open then it's time to start looking at other things....