IGNORED

Gonna start on her tomorrow....

Venturous Randy

I think.

I have had an 83 engine with about 30K miles on that I put a 2nd gen trans in that I have wanted to put in my 83 for a couple of years. I just keep putting it off as the engine that is in it now, with about 167,000 miles still runs real strong and still does not use any oil. But, with the V-Max final drive, I am getting a little tired of running on the highway at about 4,200 rpm's in 5th. If I had a 6th gear, it would be perfect.

So, if I can get my butt motivated in the morning to start on this thing, I hope to have it in soon.

Hey, I don't Yamagrl to make me look bad. :no-no-no:

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Well, after days of getting very little done, I am finally making some progress. The engine is swapped out and bolted up. The 4 brush starter is installed. The solid motor mounts are in. The coolant hoses are in place with some new O-rings installed. Main electrical connections in place with cleaned contact points.

To do yet; polish and install all four covers. Replace stator with newer one after I decide which cover I will use. Put the carbs back on. Put the driveshaft back in. Put in coolant and oil. Hook up clutch hose and bleed clutch. Go around and clean and hookup all electrical connections and get ready to start the bike.

I am having a problem getting started in the mornings and may sleep in a bit this morning as it is supposed to be about 50 degrees.

RandyA