IGNORED

07 Venture Side Bags

5 Buck Kanuck

I tried to find the answer but cant. Can anyone tell me how to fix L/bag when I go down

the road it comes undone even when I lock it. Right bag ok. Its a 07 Midnight

Venture.. :bang head:

Need more info. Explain 'undone'..... Do you mean the lid comes unlatched???

check the screws that hold the hinge, I found my in the bottom of the bag.

As woody said, check the hinge screws. Once you know that they are tight, check for tightness of the actual latch...also, there should be an adjustment on the lid latch itself.

lid pops open as if it was unlatched. As long as I am sitting still its locked and cant be opened. then when I ride down the road it seems to vibrate open. only an inch. If I push down on the lid it relocks????????????

Sounds like the lock isn't engaging all the way. How far do you have to push on the button before it unlocks?? Mine has to go all the way in before it unlatches. Another way is to climb into the saddle bag and watch while someone closes the lid... :whistling:, or...coat the latch with something like a Marks-Alot or dark axle grease to see if it will leave a mark. Also like the above post, check the screws....

My guess is that the locking tab is only engaging the tip of the tab. With flexing of the bag going down the road it works loose and pops open. As Eck says, adjust the mechanism to get full engagement. Do NOT use any thread locking sealant unless specifically made for ABS applications. You'll ruin your lid and/or bags when they get softened up with the stuff. I don't use any Loctite type stuff no where near plastic just to be on the safe side.

Larry