IGNORED

plastic repair

bill04

remember seeing on this site somebody writing on plastic repair . While taking my fairing apart found out that the plastic stub that holds the far end of shield support was broken off .I will have to repair it but I need some kind of glue or repair kit.I will have to make myself an other support but I will have to glue it or weld it to the fairing .

Performance Polymers Part No. 47809 or 22845 Plastic Welding System

I have used this product numerous times to repair cracked tupperware or replace tabs on my Honda ST. It is a two part plastic welding system. Just rough up the area around the surfaces to be repaired (the more rough area exposed, the better), wipe it down with lacquer thinner, and apply a liberal amount of this stuff (don't be stingy with it).

It turns as hard as the plastic and you can even carve away the excess later.

It is cheap too. I found my last tube at Autozone...less than $10 if I remember correctly.

G

Performance Polymers Part No. 47809 or 22845 Plastic Welding System

I have used this product numerous times to repair cracked tupperware or replace tabs on my Honda ST. It is a two part plastic welding system. Just rough up the area around the surfaces to be repaired (the more rough area exposed, the better), wipe it down with lacquer thinner, and apply a liberal amount of this stuff (don't be stingy with it).

It turns as hard as the plastic and you can even carve away the excess later.

It is cheap too. I found my last tube at Autozone...less than $10 if I remember correctly.

G

Know all about that type of scoot, was my first one as well, rode it for 1 year then it wouldn't run again, sold it for more than I bought for. Bought it from my mother-in-law (guess they're good for something) was a deep pink color and the helmet that came with it was purple, big time. Maybe that's why I didn't want to fix it for the next season. That was 25 years ago, no money and lots of kids and a mortgage @ 21%.

Know all about that type of scoot, was my first one as well, rode it for 1 year then it wouldn't run again, sold it for more than I bought for. Bought it from my mother-in-law (guess they're good for something) was a deep pink color and the helmet that came with it was purple, big time. Maybe that's why I didn't want to fix it for the next season. That was 25 years ago, no money and lots of kids and a mortgage @ 21%.

You must be referring to my moped in my Avatar. It is a 1977 Honda Express.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/22/5090/

This killer little machine was my first "street bike" that I bought to deliver newspapers. Just like you...I ran until it "ran no more" and then graduated up to a Honda C70 (whole other story).

The ST I mentioned above is my ST1100 that I bought wrecked and put together for "sport" touring. Anyway, the ST1100 had many plastic body panels that were in need of repair and so I got alot of practice "welding" plastic parts back together.