IGNORED

Newbie's first ride

noworriespete

I really appreciate the advice. Im sure that this is all common knowledge to everyone but me, :sign29:.....

This bike just needs some time and attention... and plastic... and paint... and leather.... and foam... and wiring...

but mostly time and attention.

Pete

Would I have to completely empty out the lines to put the synth oil in?

I have been a user of Valvoline oil for forty years and for 12 years in my 83 Venture. I did go to Amsoil for one change. At about 70,000 miles I started to get into some slight clutch slipage and put in new springs and discs. For a lot of the last 40,000 plus miles I have pulled a 450 pound camper and I also routinely do WOT pulls up thru the gears with no slipage. In my opinion, car Valvoline oil has nothing to do with clutch slip.

RandyA

It doesn't cost anything but a can of Dot 3 to bleed the clutch...and the brakes while you're at it. This is the first thing any new owner should do when buying a new2them bike. After this if it still slips break out the wallet....

Very Good advice.

Learned the hard way, also know one or two others that should have taken the same advice.

Brad

Would I have to completely empty out the lines to put the synth oil in?

I have just run the syn in the top and the old out the bottom. No need to empty it first with the Valvoline because it is compatible with DOT 3 and 4. That saves bleeding.

word of caution, Pete!

DO NOT SPILL any brake fluid, on your fairing, or painted metal parts.

causes nothing but headaches!

don't ask me how i know this!

just jt

p.s. brake fluid, is NOT compatible with "polycarbonate" (plastic) lenses in eyeglasses, either.