IGNORED

More air flow

Kirby

Has anyone tried running an RSV without the clear lower air deflectors attached to the bottom of the fairing as well as the air deflectors that are attached to the front forks? Wondering if it would be beneficial in the summer months. You thoughts???????

I removed the lower fork deflectors when on holidays one year...lots more air getting at ya. I put them back on....we don't get the temps you southern guys get so was a tad cool and wet in the rain

Keith

Has anyone tried running an RSV without the clear lower air deflectors attached to the bottom of the fairing as well as the air deflectors that are attached to the front forks? Wondering if it would be beneficial in the summer months. You thoughts???????

Kirby,

Baker air wings... you won't be sorry.

Will the Baker wings work with the Kuryakin crash bar mounted pegs????

I've got the Kuryakin crash bar mounted pegs as well.

the bolts long enough to slip the air wings onto it!

Will send a pic tomorrow morning...

Edited by CaptainJoe
walked my lazy butt down to garage and took a pic...

I removed the lower fork deflectors when on holidays one year...lots more air getting at ya. I put them back on....we don't get the temps you southern guys get so was a tad cool and wet in the rain

Keith

Yea, if if weren't for the rain, I'd take them off, but I ride daily and there's always a chance of a thunderstorm popping up. Most of the time the shields keep me dry enough not to have to put on the rainsuit.

Kirby,

I suggest you ride a bike that has each installed.

Experience IS the best teacher... grasshopper...

From what others have said, yamaha lowers do not put air up into the chest area. The bakers definitely do.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page48aa.html

Easily Adjusted to Direct Cooler Air to Rider and Co-Rider in Hot Weather.

Does an Impressive Job of Blowing Away Engine Heat in Hot Weather.

Keeps You Warmer and Dryer in Cold and Wet Weather by Deflecting Cold Air

Flow Away from Rider and Co-Rider.

Reduces Wind and Rain on Legs, Knees and Thighs.

If your feet are getting hot , try these:

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/tinted-lower-wind-vents?b=Star+Motorcycle&d=12|12

"The Tinted Lower Wind Vents feature a unique styling that complements the fairing lowers. Directs airflow into the footwell area when open."-

Edited by CaptainJoe

Have no idea. Just when I went to the thread link, I had to read like 9 posts before got to one actually showing where to find them. So I thought I would clean the link up.

Honestly I cant see how the Yami ones even mount up. Funny though, all the pics I found on a yahoo searc for the Bakers almost everyone of them had the Kuryakyn foot pegs. LOL