IGNORED

Tucson Shop

videoarizona

I bought my 950 Tourer at a Ride Now dealer in Tucson. They were good to me as far as service.

Today, I called then went to visit CSA in Tucson. They are an everything stype shop. Quads, scoots, bikes, etc.. I got some brake pads for my 89 VR. Price was retail but they had them in stock. No waiting for mail.

The important thing is the people were really nice there. Sales lady was cordial as I looked over a couple of bikes...no pressure there. Phillip, in parts, talked to me for a while saying they had two mechanics that knew the Ventures and loved the older bikes. He also mentioned that parts were getting scarce but they are usually able to find most of what the customers need.

Don't know how true that will ring, but if it is true...then at least those of use who live in the Southwest may have a good source. I'm pleased they have mechanics who know the older bikes. That alone could be a life savor at some point.

FYI, david

CSA is okay for parts. Be careful on bike purchases as they were really sneaky on prices and added costs for two people I know, including my son.

Also their service department is pretty good. I have used them for tire mounts etc. They did screw up a tube install in my KLR which caused a blow out, but they took care of it. So they are pretty good overall.

You were up in the good part of the area and didn't let me know ?? I think there are rules about that... :sun:

P.S. RideNow DOES NOT have a good rep in the area with real bikers... they take real bike advantage of the new riders. We all refer to it as SlimeNow..

They have a lot of young idiots working on the bikes and they oversell bikes and parts to newbies.

I bought my 950 Tourer at a Ride Now dealer in Tucson. They were good to me as far as service.

Today, I called then went to visit CSA in Tucson. They are an everything stype shop. Quads, scoots, bikes, etc.. I got some brake pads for my 89 VR. Price was retail but they had them in stock. No waiting for mail.

The important thing is the people were really nice there. Sales lady was cordial as I looked over a couple of bikes...no pressure there. Phillip, in parts, talked to me for a while saying they had two mechanics that knew the Ventures and loved the older bikes. He also mentioned that parts were getting scarce but they are usually able to find most of what the customers need.

Don't know how true that will ring, but if it is true...then at least those of use who live in the Southwest may have a good source. I'm pleased they have mechanics who know the older bikes. That alone could be a life savor at some point.

FYI, david

Hey David we need to get together and ride sometime. I am in Benson AZ not far from Tucson. :whistling:

Wayyyy cool az, THANKS FOR THE INFO!

By the way, I LOVE arizona!!

puc

PS.... I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU,, I REALLY LOVE ARIZONA,,,,, I REALLY DO!

if I ever get back there, I WILL visit jerome again and sadona too.. and if they have that canyon ride leadind to flag,, I think its 89,,, opened back up I will ride that again too.. matter of fact,,, I could live in jerome and be a very happy person....

man I love arizona

puc

Yep...sorry about that. In looking over the bike yesterday in prep for a weekend or early riding...I couldn't find any pads left in right front! YIKES! I heard no noise or scrapping. So...in kind of a hurry to get a set and put them on.

BTW, found out the hard way that brake fluid really is detrimental to plastic. Remembered everything about changing pads except to keep the master cylinder covered during bleeding.

Crap. :( I really don't like this aging "thing". Forgeting something I used to be able to do blindfolded!

Yes...between you in Tucson...me in GV..and Star in Benson...we should get together. A friend on his HD from Phoenix and I want to ride up along the NM border....Rt 191, 180 then 260 from Safford to Payson... would be a nice two day trip when it's cooler. Plus, I've seen two other VR's (1st gens) around GV but haven't been able to stop them and chat.

Puc, Maybe the next time through you can plan it so it's cooler and come to the southern part of AZ. We do have some great rides...nice two lanes...especially between Payson and either north or east! I've been here since 1969....and rode or driven on most of the roads.

++++

P.S. may run to Rio Rico for breakfast on Saturday...diner opens at 7am exit 17? or 9am on Sunday??

602-418-5814

david