IGNORED

What's the best price?

1sttenor

Keep this one going. Warden don't trust me on trips. Only got her lost couple of times. Uf you hook up GPS to work on bike how much trouble is it to switch back and forth to cage?

Dan,

The ones that I have seen it's no an issue at all, quick disconnect from one to the other :happy34:

Yammer,

I tried a friends C330 on my scoot last summer with a ram for a 1500 mile trip. It was GREAT. I didn't feel like I had to watch every sign and got to watch more of the trip. That's why I went to researching it. The C339 didn't have alot of features, but if you wanted to just explore, it would get you back where you wanted to go. I'll still own an atlas, but only to see the bigger picture BEFORE I head out.

Has anyone heard of this place? They seem to have them pretty reasonable.

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3613090&l=ShopCartUSA

Let me tell you about my experience with them yesterday. They had the Zumo 550 advertised for $492. I called to order one. I asked if they had the Zumo for $492. The guy said they did. He first tried to sell me a 5 year extended warranty. Then he tried to sell me a 3 year warranty. It was high pressure selling. I finally told him adamantly that I am not interested in an extended warranty, just the GPS. He then asked if I wanted the English speaking version or the Japanese speaking version. I said the English version of course. He then flabbergasted me by stating the English version was $779 and it was the Japanese version that was $492. I find that hard to believe and think it was nothing more than false advertising. I think they are a rip off and I will never call them again. I am still looking for a Zumo at a good Price.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at a Zumo as well. Glad I looked at this thread since the Camera-addict price ($544.00) is by far the best. I was concerned about them since it was so much cheaper.

So far, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the buydig unit. $638.97 with free shipping.

I'll probably get the XM antenna from Amazon unless I find something better - $193.08 + $6.09 shipping. $199.17

Let me tell you about my experience with them yesterday. They had the Zumo 550 advertised for $492. I called to order one. I asked if they had the Zumo for $492. The guy said they did. He first tried to sell me a 5 year extended warranty. Then he tried to sell me a 3 year warranty. It was high pressure selling. I finally told him adamantly that I am not interested in an extended warranty, just the GPS. He then asked if I wanted the English speaking version or the Japanese speaking version. I said the English version of course. He then flabbergasted me by stating the English version was $779 and it was the Japanese version that was $492. I find that hard to believe and think it was nothing more than false advertising. I think they are a rip off and I will never call them again. I am still looking for a Zumo at a good Price.

Tim,

The Manufacturing part number for the Zumo 550 at CameraAddict is the same as the one offered by Amazon. 010-00567-00.

I wonder if the person you talked to was mistaken?

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=3613090

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H2W4E6/ref=s9img_3-rfc_g1_subs_c2_38_37_17_8?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VCJGAQDWF6WGK6Y3XQ0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240301&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Garmin Zumo 550 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Motorcycle Navigator: Electronics[/ame]

Folks PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM,,,

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Camera_Addict

It is YOUR Dime I guess.

If your paying that low of a price for a Z550 there

is something wrong... also make sure you scroll down

and READ the reviews.

Please let us know how your experience was with them

if you decide to go that route. $629.00 or above is about

the going rate now days...

:080402gudl_prv:

Jeff

(Did I Tell You That I Love My Zumo Lately?)

It is YOUR Dime I guess.

and READ the reviews.

Please let us know how your experience was with them

if you decide to go that route. $629.00 or above is about

the going rate now days...

:080402gudl_prv:

Jeff

(Did I Tell You That I Love My Zumo Lately?)

I'm not buying from them.

One of the cool things about VentureRider is that we can bounce ideas off each other. If not for you guys, I probably would have tried out CameraAddict (Maybe).

Like I said, I'm probably going to buy the Zumo from buydig and the XM antenna from Amazon.

Your right about the $629.00 price. Seems to be the going rate. So, makes you wonder about mark up on stuff these days! :no-no-no:

It is YOUR Dime I guess.

and READ the reviews.

I just read the reviews and had the same experience as I posted several days ago when I tried to buy the Zumo 550 for their advertised price of $492. I see that using the "Japanese" version is a standard rip off tactic if you do not buy a warranty or accessories. The same tactic they used on me. If this were not a PG rated site, I would really say how I feel about them.

Oh,,,, And Let me know what kind of prices

you are finding for the XM Ant.. The Lowest I

have seen in the past month is about $159.00 I

will still wait a while until they come down lower

in price,

Jeff

I'm pretty much thinking that 200 bucks is the going price for an antenna. I was confused because Amazon showed three different versions of the GXM 30 antenna. Not sure if they are all the same or if there are differences.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-4312449-1572821?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=GXM+30&x=19&y=24]Amazon.com: GXM 30[/ame]

Cougar, if you know of a good deal on these, please let us know.

Bob

The cost of the XM is the only thing that I really don't like about the 550. I move my satellite radio back and forth between the bike and my work car. I would not use the GPS in my car because I use my laptop with a GPS connected for the car. I just can't see paying for an additional subscription for the bike. I know that it works for many of you but just doesn't for me.

Thats why I have all my music on my 550 ... I have no intentions of ever getting

an Antenna,, I think there reason most want them is for the ahead traffic jams ect.

If the XM ant. was like 50 bucks I might add it... but not for now.. I am happy camper

with my Zumo Music. :) Oh and Buddy's Cable for the cell works awesome as well

Now I can just touch the Zumo and call the little lady! And talk to her through my

Mic in my helmet!

Jeff

Cougar, you will have to give me some info on the bluetooth feature!

I'm an XM subscriber and love it. So, I'll buy the super expensive antenna for the bike. I figure we can use the GPS in the car when we travel. Geez, my wife is the worst for reading maps. This should save a few missed exits... ;)