IGNORED

Santa brought me a GPS, but....

Royal05Steve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa brought me a GPS for Xmas, a Garmin c340. I was looking at the 2820 for the bike. I can take it back and upgrade, should I?

I was looking at the C340 as well, but decided to wait, for a little better model and the Spring to arrive.

I guess if whomever bought it does not mind then it should be okay.

Brad

I was looking at the C340 as well, but decided to wait, for a little better model and the Spring to arrive.

I guess if whomever bought it does not mind then it should be okay.

Brad

Hey Brad, no she actually bought it before I put in my Santa list and she is fine with me bringing it back and upgrading. She did pretty good in my opinion :thumbsup: :clap2: just thinking out load about the features of the 2820 and the fact it is more waterproof

I have the Zumo , and I love it . I'm trying to get it hooked into the IC system right now and have a few problems with connecting the cellphone . Need to talk to Kennedy , but have to waite till they re-open after the holiday . I'm sure it's a simple fix and will post as soon as possible . For now , I'm using a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo patch cable into the IC's Aux to here all nav prompts and MP3 .

Gene

I have the Zumo , and I love it . I'm trying to get it hooked into the IC system right now and have a few problems with connecting the cellphone . Need to talk to Kennedy , but have to waite till they re-open after the holiday . I'm sure it's a simple fix and will post as soon as possible . For now , I'm using a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo patch cable into the IC's Aux to here all nav prompts and MP3 .

Gene

Hey Gene, how many songs will it store? I was thinking I could use the XM portion also, but at $202 for the antenna I will keep using my Roady II. I still like the size of the 2820 screen over the Zumo though. I have the Rumble Roads speakers on my RSTD, so no radio other than my XM. I think I would need another spliter to get the sound to come out my speakers also.

Hey Gene, how many songs will it store? I was thinking I could use the XM portion also, but at $202 for the antenna I will keep using my Roady II. I still like the size of the 2820 screen over the Zumo though. I have the Rumble Roads speakers on my RSTD, so no radio other than my XM. I think I would need another spliter to get the sound to come out my speakers also.

Amount of songs depends on what size of SD card you use . As far as an antenna , OUCH ! I'll e-mail my cuz at Garmin to see if there is another alternative than the GMX 30 antenna .

Another splitter should get audio . XM radio is not supported using bluetooth helmet headsets .

Gene

I do have a question on the Zumo for any high tech guy here....Is it possible to use Sirius radio instead of XM...a conversion possibly? Just my opinion Sirius has better programming...and Im NOT talking about Howard Stern. Tom

Amount of songs depends on what size of SD card you use . As far as an antenna , OUCH ! I'll e-mail my cuz at Garmin to see if there is another alternative than the GMX 30 antenna .

Another splitter should get audio . XM radio is not supported using bluetooth helmet headsets .

Gene

Ok that makes sense. Thanks I would like to know what your cuz says :)

I do have a question on the Zumo for any high tech guy here....Is it possible to use Sirius radio instead of XM...a conversion possibly? Just my opinion Sirius has better programming...and Im NOT talking about Howard Stern. Tom

I have just reread the owners manual and website and see no conversion to Sirius . Another question for cuz . These questions I will ask him may take a few days as he is an engineer over on the aviation side of Garmin .

Gene

I have just reread the owners manual and website and see no conversion to Sirius . Another question for cuz . These questions I will ask him may take a few days as he is an engineer over on the aviation side of Garmin .

Gene

If you find out PLEASE call me or email me at tkuboto@yahoo.com or cell # 830 7080314..cingular. Thanks ,Tom

While waiting for a reply , I have been serving the net . Might be a long shot , but here is what I have found on an alternative antenna .

There is a GXM 30 extension cable with right angle mini usb end , http://www.gps4fun.com/gar_gxm30.php , part # 01-00617-02 for $18.89 . The is also an antenna , http://www.purexm.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14&zenid=ik1euevdmpur4t4uqd9tsrbmt6 Audiovox CNP2000 XM Satellite Radio Connect-and-Play Digital Antenna Receiver for around $50.00 or maybe cheaper on E-Bay ( haven't checked yet ) .

Just a long shot for those whom may want to investigate some more for themselves till i here word back from cuz .

Gene

OK Charlie , I see your argument . But there are more features to the Zumo than you realize . You can upload JPEG/JPG photos onto the SD card and dispaly them in the screen to share with your friends . Photos taken from other M & E's , scoots , Hot Babes , Or even your great freinds in Drag :rotf::rotf::rotf: .

Yes , anything can become a distraction . But discipline should over rule everything . Therefore I am not placing your photo in Drag on my Zumo !!!!! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Gene

That's a Great price ! My cuz's employee discount plus tax was just under $600.00 . $$ just dropped into my pocket from nowhere , so I actually got mine for peanuts . Garmin closed today as well as Kennedy to call about alternative hookup to scoot and antenna . I will try tomorrow .

Gene