IGNORED

Santa brought me a GPS, but....

Royal05Steve

On the Zumo , you can enter your destination . You can also order extra POI to upload on the Zumo as well as narrated tours . Or you may use the MapSource software that has POI's on it .To provide a more detailed route with vias , POI's and extras , plot it on MapSource , save and upload with cables or SD card to Zumo . That route will appear in your favorites when you go look for them . You can also download the routes from the Zumo onto MapSource . If you took advantage of all the downloads from Garmin , you should have downloaded nRoute as well for laptop GPS . It's a version of MapSource that operates like Delorme's Street Atlas . For using my laptop as a GPS ,I prefer the Delorme . I'm going tocall my cuz to see if we can use other mapping software on the Zumo .

I have already posted on how to hook up cell phone to RSV (post #37) in this thread . Kennedy Cellset is the way to go if you ask me . I will be calling Kennedy to give them a review as I had promised them I would . They have more experience with the GW and HD's . Not to much experience with RSV's , so I will give them my 2 cents . If anyone need any help, you may call me if you wish .

Gene

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add , when plotting a route with stops and vias , you can select multiple starts and stops directly on the Zumo itself without PC interface . You can make and store them in your favorite . And do it all on the Zumo . You would have to select that particular leg of the journey as you go .

Gene

I too just installed a Garmin 550. Marvelous gadget. I was surprised that it even picks up the GPS satellites while I'm in the house!.

On a recent trip I trusted it to take me on a route that I never tried before. It proved reliable.

As far as integrating other audio sources, I would like to see some pictures of what BEER30 did for his. Would make his explanation easier to follow.