IGNORED

Wife Bought a V-4 Her First Bike

Wade 2000

Wade, I wish you and Heather the best, but I do have to say, that is a lot of bike for a first bike, unless she has spent some time on an automatic bike. It takes a lot of seat time to get comfortable in traffic when you are first starting out.

RandyA

I agree with Venturous. That is too much bike for a beginner. It's asking for trouble. Better to start with a 250cc.

Bike safety and parking lot drills with 1/2 tennis balls for cones. I suggest practicing left right evasive maneuver while thresh holding breaking, if they lock curl your toe's and right hand slightly to unlock the wheel while steering. Ride like a pro is very good rider training

Bike safety and parking lot drills with 1/2 tennis balls for cones. I suggest practicing left right evasive maneuver while thresh holding breaking, if they lock curl your toe's and right hand slightly to unlock the wheel while steering. Ride like a pro is very good rider training

Thanks!

Heather got some parking lot time in today. She is learning the controls and how to operate the clutch. She did really good, maybe tomorrow we will continue with 1st gear maneuvers and if that goes well might shift to 2nd. I'm trying to go slow and drill each thing until it's second nature.

This is going to be a fun story to watch.

I bought my first ever bike at age 43. A Suzuki Boulevard C50 a friend had left over after switching to a Honda Valkyrie.

I put about 500 miles on that before trading it on a 2001 RSV. My second ever bike.

That was 2 years ago, and I put 2500 miles on it last year ( weekend warrior ). So far this year, I have put over 1000 miles on it, and today was my first ride in the rain. I love this bike.

Good on ya, Heather. Remember to always go at your own pace, it takes a while to be comfortable. Take it easy out there, and remember that you are invisible. When you see someone almost pull out in front of you, but stop, give em a wave and say thanks.

Bob

You'll love the Magna. I ride with a friend who rides a '94 Magna with about 110,000 miles on it. He's 78 and plans to ride it to NM with us next month. It just keeps purring. Good luck with yours.

Dennis

You'll love the Magna. I ride with a friend who rides a '94 Magna with about 110,000 miles on it. He's 78 and plans to ride it to NM with us next month. It just keeps purring. Good luck with yours.

Dennis

Good for him! Glad to hear that!

Thanks we watched that again the other night great tips. Some over my head right now but will try them when I get more experience!

• 1 month later...

Chasing the wind has its price,, DOG GONE IT I MISSED THE CHANCE TO GREET A NEW RIDER, Rats!!

While I do agree with others who mentioned that a Magna is a pretty good sized bike to start out on, I like to hear about folks starting on an XR100 or something small, I TOTALLY wish you nothing but the best on your new endeavor Heather!!!

Practice practice practice (sounds like you have been) and the world is your oyster!! Hope your having fun out there!!

Be safe!

Puc

How about an update Ruby Rider. Worn out those tires yet?:detective:

I got my temps still doing parking lot drills. Plan on taking the course shortly. Getting more comfortable with the clutch and have started shifting. I'm loving it! Hard to find the time this summer though! Too many graduation parties etc! :322::cool10:

Chasing the wind has its price,, DOG GONE IT I MISSED THE CHANCE TO GREET A NEW RIDER, Rats!!

While I do agree with others who mentioned that a Magna is a pretty good sized bike to start out on, I like to hear about folks starting on an XR100 or something small, I TOTALLY wish you nothing but the best on your new endeavor Heather!!!

Practice practice practice (sounds like you have been) and the world is your oyster!! Hope your having fun out there!!

Be safe!

Puc

Thanks I'm taking it slow and easy! Getting the basics down one at a time.