IGNORED

Sad News

Guest Donna Shields

Guest Donna Shields

Please pray for the families of the couple from Carrabelle, Florida who were killed while riding their motorcycle on Hwy 431 near Huntsville, AL today. I didn't know them but I am sure their families are hurting tonight.

Just a couple hours north from here. Those photos tell it all. Sad and prayers to the families involved.

Each time I see incidents like this, it is a reminder that we are all simply a mistake away.

Wow, you are right about the pictures. I wonder how fast the car was going? It looks like it hit a truck. I wonder if the biker thought he had an open lane and the car changed lanes? I had a real close call when a woman in an SUV changed lanes and almost ran over me because she did not signal she was changing lanes.

RandyA

Chilling the sign that says. Hardies cares watch for motorcycles.

I know the families are hurting. No cure for that kind of hurt.

I racked up over 70k mikes in fives years two up. Its a great responsibility. I was always afraid of a crash and scratching her beautiful skin. I never cared about me. The absolute worst thing I always thought would be her getting hurt and not me. (She didn't like too much gear on, although I bought her everything , armor everything, leathers bon armor, helmets ). She thought they made her figure look baggy. Impossible.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/MS1700/IMG_20120721_152229-1-11_zps162c9b34.jpg

Her on her bike.

So after six perfect years we broke up because she was insanely jealous. Of anything. Sad face. I had Just bought the Venture in hopes it would be better two up than the Ultra star. (Roadstar with fairing and touring trunk.).

So I been kind of looking for someone else to help balance the rear of the bike out.

This article reminds me how nervous and cautious I was when she was on the bike with me, a lit more edgy solo.

Got me wondering if I should just stay single. I'd hate myself forever if anyone got hurt on count of me. Even if it wasn't my fault.

So all you Venture Ladies. I think I just said what a lot of the males here think. And maybe you being on the back does make em that much more careful.

This event is exactly what I was always afraid. Of. She had kids.

It hits home. I better get on and ride before I change my mind and sell both bikes.

My dad always said, Once you think you can handle that thing it will handle you! And you can be dead right.

He's still here and he retired with over six million safe miles driving for CF.

This is just crazy chilling.

I always said though, if I go riding, at least I went happy.

Sad as this may be, it is a learning reminder of how diligent we must be to survive the mean streets. It does not matter what happened, no one got up that day thinking they were going to kill someone and no one slung a leg over the saddle thinking they were going to die.

But it sure got me thinking.

As one of the ladies who rides pillion I wear the gear. I don't care if I look sexy on the bike or not. If he loses the bike with me on it I may not clear the bike. Better safer than sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the right turn signal of the car was on, and the bike driver "thought" she was turning in where he was pulling out and he just pulled out in front of her?

I see so many close calls from riders doing just that. They pull out in front of a vehicle that has its turn signal on...Please don't..wait...I will always wait for the front wheels of the car to start turning to the right and I look at the driver of the vehicle to ensure they see me before I pull out.

As one of the ladies who rides pillion I wear the gear. I don't care if I look sexy on the bike or not. If he loses the bike with me on it I may not clear the bike. Better safer than sorry.

Well that's good to hear. She always wore gear. But never as much as me. She had it all certainly. Still does. But she never even wore the Bon Armor I got her. And that stuff is barely noticeable.

Seen a lot of pictures of road rash. Yech.

I don't thing any gear would have helped these two much. They may have suffered more for it in fact. Heck of a wake up call early this spring.

More then once she brought attention to something I would not have seen, so I miss the pillion rider. I'll have to be more careful. As wild as I am.

Kutos to women in gear.

In 2010 I buried a good friend that was a lady rider. SUV pulled out in front of her on her way home from work. Her husband knowing I once was a nursing student asked me to read and translate the autopsy report. She wore no protective gear besides her jacket and helmet. Because of her we wear the bohn leg armor and icon field armor vests for chest and back. In Valerie's case it probably wouldn't have helped. She had a very cheap modular helmet that broke on impact. I do need a better leather jacket tho.