IGNORED

Next Florida M&E suggestion...

Barrycuda

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can do a "Southeastern" meet and eat. Somewhere like valdosta or something on a long weekend.

I'd happily jump on board with that, that's give or take 2.5 hrs from the house straight down 75. Other than Wild Adventures and one steakhouse we met Tufftom at last yr I really don't know what's in Valdosta...sad I know! But Central Georgia I can give you the grand tour. From historic downtown Macon to Robins AFB I have y'all covered. LOL

:7_6_3[1]:Well the weather here on the Suncoast looks dicey. Barry It may be a good Idea to call it off after all. Don't want to encourage anyone to race these crazy coastal storms. Like I said we can try again in. Few weeks

Stinks overall because of all the craziness with weather and peoples schedules, mainly mine, and lastly the group of 4-6 that are usually attending, not attending. Like I said, I'll probably skip it and reschedule.

Something in Valdosta works but it's quite a ride for some of us here. For me it's close to 200miles. I did over 400 round trip at Naples. Perhaps we can get some of us to make it a weekend kind of deal... Just a thought.

Edited by Barrycuda

Labor day week I will be heading up to the BRP and maybe we can get something going in Valdosta I will be riding through Sat August 30th on my birthday, the motel 6 there is pretty cheap, just a thought and then everyone can follow me up to Ashville......

Labor day week I will be heading up to the BRP and maybe we can get something going in Valdosta I will be riding through Sat August 30th on my birthday, the motel 6 there is pretty cheap, just a thought and then everyone can follow me up to Ashville......

Depending when I get get scheduled for surgery I may or may not be able to go to Valdosta, unless it's in the car. At this point all I know is pending all the tests it could get scheduled between August and Christmas....yay me, gastric bypass....

Big storm just now blowing in here in central Fla straight across from Sarasota. Its about 8:40. I want to ride but this weather is dicey the last few days.

Below are the forecasts for your selected cities and times. Forecasts are based on the time of day you selected. If your trip is more than 10 days away, you will see averages and records for that day.

Sebring, FL (33872)

Jun 14

Late Morning

( 9a - 11a )

74°F

Feels like:74°F Precip: 10%

Wind: From the South Southwest at 6 mph

Zolfo Springs, FL, US

Jun 14

Late Morning

( 9a - 11a )

73°F

Feels like:73°F Precip: 10%

Wind: From the South Southwest at 4 mph

Sarasota, FL, US

Jun 14

Noon

( 11a - 1p )

74°F

Wind: From the South Southwest at 5 mph

Sarasota, FL, US

Jun 14

Afternoon

( 1p - 3p )

74°F

Wind: From the South Southwest at 5 mph

Zolfo Springs, FL, US

Jun 14

Afternoon

( 1p - 3p )

73°F

Feels like:73°F Precip: 10%

Wind: From the South Southwest at 4 mph

Sebring, FL, US

Jun 14

Afternoon

( 1p - 3p )

74°F

Wind: From the South Southwest at 6 mph

Forcast for me as of now from weather channel. Sure aint what the weather man on TV said, more like 30-40%

After checking a couple of weather sites the weather looks as though it deteriorates in the afternoon with possible strong storms and wind. I hate to see anyone get caught out in one of these. So maybe we are best to put this off to another date.

Well good thing I checked before going to bed. Absent a nice high pressure setting in, its going to be like this from now till September/October. Anyone coming from the east coast this time of year will almost surely get wet in the middle of the state, Always rains there even when the coast(s) stays dry.

Anyway was looking forward to it. It was beautiful here today (other than hot/humid) from about 10:00 on.

Catch you next time. Will have to go boating instead. Darn.

OK Eddie Was sort of a last minute cancel. As it turned out over here in middle of state was pretty awful thru most of the day. And it looked like storms brewed up after about 3pm.

I am glad we cancelled because not only did I capitalize on moving a ton of stuff before the change in weather, I certainly don't want any of us fighting through. The elements just over a cheeseburger.

If any of you have suggestions for the scheduled make up meet, I'm all ears...