IGNORED

1st Gen Oil filter

I searched the web sites of Advance, Autozone, Napa, Motorcycle Superstore and Bike Bandit looking for an OE oil filter. Bike Bandit listed a K&N for $15.99. Motorcycle Superstore listed an Emgo for $5.99 and a Hiflo for $6.99.

After searching the forums, I think I found the correct numbers for Fram, the CH6002, and NAPA, the PS4933. So I called my local Napa and got them to order one for me for $6.99. This is for my newly acquired 89 VR. If these aren't the correct numbers, please correct me. Thanks

Advance has the k&n filter for $14.99. I forget the part number but it can be ordered for the 1st gen. It's never in stock at my local store. But I get it in 2 days. I ordered one last wed and it was ready for pickup on fri. I read on the forums it's the preferred filter for both venture generations so I go with the mass experience on forums. Go in store if you can't find the k&n online. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The Fram CH6002 filter is about the least expensive one can find. It has no moving parts so is adequate for the purpose. I buy mine from a hydraulic supply house and last paid $10 for 2 of them.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Thanks. I don't see the need to spend the money for the K&N so I will be buying the less expensive filters. If the NAPA PS4933 filter fits, I'll probably stick with that. I've heard so many members of the F150 forum bad mouth Fram filters, I'm a little afraid of them. I think it had to do with the drain-back valve or something. I don't think I've ever had a problem with Fram filters.

It seems anyone can get it usually next day, but no one stocks it that I can find. No biggie as we usually know more than one day in advance that na oil change will be required.

btw, my NAPA filter also said made by WIX on the box, as expected