IGNORED

Loss of Clutch fluid?

I have a disappearing issue with the fluid in my clutch resevior. I have filled it 3 times in the last 1000 miles. I have no visible leaks. I do not know where the fluid is going. Once the fluid gets low, than I have to bleed the clutch again. this has happened 3 Times in the last 2 months. Any thoughts, and how much would a repair like this cost?:sick:

My guess it is a closed loop system so if you can't see it at the, master cylinder, hose or the clutch cylinder it is leaking internally, most likely at the engine interface to the clutch.

Did you look from the bottom of the bike looking up to see if there fluid dripping down?

:2cents: for what it is worth.:rotf:

Hydraulically there is not much to the system, you have the master, a line, and a slave cylinder. Can the master leak, sure! It can leak from the line, and it can leak from the guts out to where the hand grip pushes it. The lines can leak at the fittings or the rubber hoses can leak anywhere. The slave can leak internally out to where it pushes the rod for the clutch, and it can leak at the fitting...

Replace the slave cylinder. Mine did the same thing. While you're in there replace the shift shaft seal too. I just finished up that job on mine. I had about $75 in parts. Slave cylinder, shift shaft seal, copper compression washers, rubber boots for the shifter linkage rod. Best price I found was from RonAyers.com

I ordered from http://www.RonAyers.com

These part numbers apply to 2nd Gen 1999-2013

1FK-16381-11-00 Slave Cyl. $67.31

90201-10118-00 Washer plate (copper sealing washer) NEED 2 $3.58

3JP-15461-01-00 Middle gear cover gasket $2.82

93102-14209-00 Shift shaft seal (may as well replace while in there) $4.44

90338-11152-00 Rubber plug for cylinder water jacket ( I bought 2 as spares) $9.50

2H9-18154-00-00 Shift rod dust cover (rubber boot)(Optional) $10.50 for 2

Total $98.11 with free shipping code "Shipfree13" at checkout.

Edited by ragtop69gs

• 5 weeks later...