IGNORED

Another one

Marcarl

I now have 8000km on the clock.

I still like the colour, and so does everybody else.

It still goes real fast, faster than a 1st gen, but I'm not sure about the blue ones.

It outdid a Porche the other day, but that could have been the driver.

I find it very comfortable, but it will need an Ultimate seat I think , for now the Air-Hawk works.

Marca finds it comfortable even on daylong rides, she even crochets while riding.

It has about as much room as a first gen.

I really like the colour, and it goes stinkin fast.

32 in-seam is about the limit, unless one gets the comfort seat, but that takes away 2" from the passenger.

I thought I would be needing hi-pegs, but so far I haven't missed them yet.

Lighting up front is A1 ok, nothing extra needed or wanted.

Rear lighting and signals can be improved, but hey, I need to do something to make it mine.

The side panels are an awesome color, they even match the trunk and hood, which are the same awesome color.

Cornering is different, takes a while to get used to that, and then takes another mile or two to get the speed down so that the Ventures can catch up. Sure is different, sure is fun, and I don't miss the two wheels a bit,,, well not yet anyways,,,,, I having too much fun, so no real time.

Working on my second set of front tires already. First set was half wore out at 6000km, and one tire wouldn't balance, so they replaced them under warranty. The alingment was also in toeout so that would account for the loss of rubber,,, hopefully.

It holds the road real well, corners awesomely, goes like a scared rabbit, and gets me about 40mpg Canadian, so that's about 33 US,,,,, not to shabbie for a 3 wheeled vehicle.

Sure do like the color, and it doesn't fool around on the hyway either.

I've added Baker Air Wings, and extended the windshield about 2 inches. Marca says that that works much better. Didn't need this for the rider. The rider is well protected.

Side winds are not an issue with tracking,, this baby holds the road steady as Freddy. Before I did an alingment, side winds were an issue, but since it got some toe-in, it seems to handle better than the Venture.

Tires are an issue. Don't know yet what the cost on a new one would be, but the sizing will be an issue. Only Kenda has that size for now and only seem to be available through the dealer,,,,,, darn!

Marca like the color as well, but she says sometimes it goes a little toooooo fast,,,,,, guess she likes it!

It's got a good sounding radio, but no casset deck,,, bit of a rip-off, but I suppose Yamaha has the market on casset decks cornered,,,,,,,, anybody want some cassettes?...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have read the wonderful things you have to say about the new machine.

However? I have a few questions that i hope you could answer, and feel free to take your time to investigate before a quick reply:

Is the machine able to keep up in traffic? Is it fast enough?

And about the color? Is it easy on the eyes? Bright ya know?

And does the cassette player hold more than one at a time? Like a multi cassette system?

And is it comfortable? Like between bar hops?

Thanks in advance!

Oh? What color is it?

Edited by eusa1

I have read the wonderful thing you have to say about the new machine.

However? I have a few questions that i hope you could answer, and feel free to take your time to investigate before a quick reply:

Is the machine able to keep up in traffic? Is it fast enough?

And about the color? Is it easy on the eyes? Bright ya know?

And does the cassette player hold more than one at a time? Like a multi cassette system?

And is it comfortable? Like between bar hops?

Thanks in advance!

Oh? Whatt color is it?

Guess the only question I can answer without a further extended investigation would be the first one and the last one.

In reply to the first one,,,,,,,, no, it can't keep up with traffic, but it does sport 2 review mirrors to let the rider know if there is anything from behind that could constitute traffic. I find that I have mostly open road ahead of me.

And now for the color. It's actually 3 tone, mostly it's congac, but there is some black, and just for good measure, some chrome added for contrast. It's really quite easy on the eyes and somewhat different than the burnt orange that some car manufactures use. It seems to be liked by a lot of folks, much to my dismay. So often it happens that as others are turning corners and such, they slow down to take a longer look, and then they look some more,,,,,,,,, sure can slow a feller down I tell ya. I really do like the color though and I think I will leave it that way for a while at least. I was thinking about painting it, but then I realized that it would probably turn out to be the same color,,, seeing as I like it so much,,, so then why bother,,,,,,, instead, I decided to clean it again,,,,,,,,, just to show off the color some more.

And now an answer to your cassette question,,,,,,, it holds multiple cassettes, they just don't seem to want to play,,,, probably some new technology that my old brain can't seem to get around. I've put lots of them in there, but so far only my media player seems to be active. Maybe I don't know what it's supposed to look like, so maybe somebody with more knowledge of these high tech gizmoes can be of help, seeing a lot of members here ride and deal with the Venture on a daily basis.

Sounds like you're really enjoying the Spider, good for you. I saw in the Sept issue of Rider that Vee Rubber, (veerubberusa.com) is marketing a tire for the Spider too, called the Arachnid. The ad said they enhance the handling and weight capacity. Did it take much adjustment to get used to the leg position vs the Venture?

Sounds like you're really enjoying the Spider, good for you. I saw in the Sept issue of Rider that Vee Rubber, (veerubberusa.com) is marketing a tire for the Spider too, called the Arachnid. The ad said they enhance the handling and weight capacity. Did it take much adjustment to get used to the leg position vs the Venture?

No problem for me. Thought I would be missing hiway pegs, but so far so good. When solo I would like them maybe sometimes, but mostly I don't miss them. If I do mount them, I'll have to deal with the fact that my foot is further away from the only brake on the machine, not good, so I would be tempted to add a hand brake as well.