IGNORED

Please ride safe!!

b2dad

With the riding season upon us and all those traveling to meet n eats soon...PLEASE RIDE SAFE! RIDE DEFENSIVELY!!! I can't stress this enough. YOU must watch out for the idiots out there...and those that just don't watch out for motorcyclists.

Don and I saw a very very bad wreck tonite on our way home. Have no idea the cause or outcome...Every law enforcement officer in our area had to be on the scene. Traffic down to one lane on a 4 lane road. When we finally got close enough to see the delay...we saw an SUV with a very badly damaged side. But otherwise intact. I thought well, someone did a boo boo. But it didn't look like anyone could be too seriously hurt, right?

then I saw it...a hunk of metal in the middle of the road. I looked at Don and tears welled up in my eyes. It was a twisted mass of metal...I recognized a TIRE and that was about it. A helmet off to the side...No way did anyone survive that. Just laying in the middle of the road. The ambulance was already gone, no victims standing around, only officers writing on their forms....taking measurements, taking notes.

I don't want to watch the news tonite. I just pray it was not someone we knew...but whoever it was...had family at home...somewhere. I am so choked up. Please send up a prayer for this family.

Thank you

This is bike awareness week here locally.

This is the first one they are having, it will be the first full week of May every year.

The news here has had a lot of bad. It seems every other day they are talking about another bike fatality.

After all of the snow and cold, everyone has forgotten how to look for bikes, and many bikes seem to have forgotten that there are still cars with blind drivers on the roads with them.