I installed the mic-mute on the bike and so far i'm not happy with it.

We ride with ear plugs in and have the volume on the intercom up high. The mic-mute toggles the intercom but we get motor feedback no matter the ptt position. Anybody else have this problem, noticed it? We can eliminate the noise by turning down the intercom volume....but that defeats the purpose of the mic-mute!!!!

Jim

Is the motor noise being picked up by the mic? Or is coming over the HS with the IC turned off?

Reason I ask is that on my first 99 RSV I had motor noise/interference and when I accelerated it got louder. IC was off. I also had intermittent popping noises in the HS. I was installing a Diamond R backrest and noticed connectors under the seat not fully seated. Pulled them apart, cleaned them and put dialectic grease on them before putting them back together and the noise went away never to return.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest putting dialectic grease on EVERY electrical connection on the bike. This might help your problem. Darn sure wouldn't hurt.

I have mic-mutes and do not have the engine noise. With the mic-mutes on, all wind noise from the microphone is eliminated. Wonderful.

You might double check to make sure all connections are together tight.

while you're at it, take out your bulbs, swab some dielectric grease on 'em, and put 'em back in.

I wanna know more about the mic mute thingy. My wife loves to sing along, but now that we have IC, she wont. Will it mute on demand?

Is the motor noise being picked up by the mic? Or is coming over the HS with the IC turned off?

With the IC at 0 there is no noise. With it turned up the noise is there whether the PTT is on or off.

I've long ago dieletric greased everything on the bike.

I'm at a real loss as to where it's picking this up. The mic-mute is located behind the battery.

Reason I ask is that on my first 99 RSV I had motor noise/interference and when I accelerated it got louder. IC was off. I also had intermittent popping noises in the HS. I was installing a Diamond R backrest and noticed connectors under the seat not fully seated. Pulled them apart, cleaned them and put dialectic grease on them before putting them back together and the noise went away never to return.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest putting dialectic grease on EVERY electrical connection on the bike. This might help your problem. Darn sure wouldn't hurt.

I don't get any motor or wind noise with mine. The mikes are shut off. I do get some hissing (white noise) if the intercom is turned up high. Is that what your calling motor noise?-Jack

Yes...i get that continuous. Plus the motor as your accelerate up thru the gears until it's at a more steady rpm.

But, I find the white noise annoying. The whole idea is to be able to turn the IC off, listen to my tunes (static, white noise, engine noise free) then toggle on when we want to talk. I don't care much about the noise when we talk....we get what we need said then go back to the tunes!

No engine noise with my Mic Mutes either. I did have engine noise a few years ago but that was before the Mic Mutes install. I don't think it will cause engine noise but if you have it already, you will continue to do so. A slight moving/rerouting of my cables under the left side of the gas tank got rid of it back when I had it.