IGNORED

Stock Seat Comparison

The older RSV midnight models came with a stock seat that did not feature the pillow look, It appears that this style seat is no longer available on the '08 models. It looks like the only option is for the pillow top (with indented buttons?) style seat. Can anyone offer a comparison of the "feel" between the two model seats?

The older style Midnight was more in line with the 99-00 seats and are harder seats. If you like a firm seat they are great for that. If you like a softer seat, the the pillow top is the way to go.

Everyone has different likes in a seat. My first 99 had stock seats and I couldn't ride for more than 40 miles without my butt hurting. I got a Corbin and that was even harder, got monkey butt in 25 miles.

Now I have pillow top seats and have ridden from Tampa, Fl to the East Coast of North Carolina in a day without a problem.

Everyone will have a different opinion but mine came with a pillow top and I hated it. Always felt like I was sitting on a wadded up diaper or something. I bought one of the earlier models and although it's a lot better to me it's still not it. The shape seems like it needs retooling and maybe a firmer foam, but I think it's better than the pillow top.

Everyone will have a different opinion but mine came with a pillow top and I hated it. Always felt like I was sitting on a wadded up diaper or something. I bought one of the earlier models and although it's a lot better to me it's still not it. The shape seems like it needs retooling and maybe a firmer foam, but I think it's better than the pillow top.

I'm not so sure I want to know what sitting on a wadded up diaper feels like.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

after just a couple hundred miles on my V*1100 - i swapped out the stock seat for a Mustang. Enabled me to ride 600+ miles a day w/o issues.

the Pillowtop on my RSV is quite comfortable.And what's even better - my better half is much more comfortbale on the back of the RSV than she ever was on the V*.

went 800 miles one day last summer, typically try to keep it down to 5-600.

Wish RSV came with a factory back rest - it's a much nicer ride after you add one.:080402gudl_prv:

I picked up my 04 with the pillow top a few months ago and road across Australia for a total of close to 3,000 miles in four days to ride it home.

The pillow top has to be the most comfortable seat on a bike I ever sat on.

My '06 came with pillow tops, I found it to be way too soft. I traded them for a Corbin set which I liked better but it was a little too firm. So, I bought a set of studded Midnight seats off eBay and love them!! Everyone has different tastes but for me the older Midnight seat fits me the best. They could actually be a bit firmer but all in all they're way better than the pillow top for me. Good luck, Larry

Guest JGorom

My 2004 Midnight came with the Yamaha Corbin Studded seats. I don't mind the Yamaha Corbin, but my wife hates it. If anyone has the pillow tops and would like to trade for my mama Yama Corbin Studded seats drop me an email.