IGNORED

2014 Hennessy Corvette breaks 200 MPH

DragonRider

That is awesome!! I wonder if this was done on that new highway that is suppose to have no speed limit, you know, the one specifically designed for 1st Gens... Nothing like good ol Texas Freedom:thumbsup2:!! Gotta go ride that puppy this year!!

That is awesome!! I wonder if this was done on that new highway that is suppose to have no speed limit, you know, the one specifically designed for 1st Gens... Nothing like good ol Texas Freedom:thumbsup2:!! Gotta go ride that puppy this year!!

Now if only I could get my 1st Gen to handle at the speed it is capable of. Starts getting freaky on me at about 110. So that makes top gear a moot point more or less. Seat of my pants tells me it is from the fairing, an aero wobble. I keep thinking about removing the windscreen for a pass to see if that helps. Then I could go to Tejas and visit my brother for a cruise down this highway.

LOL go to Tejas, get a ticket.

Now if only I could get my 1st Gen to handle at the speed it is capable of. Starts getting freaky on me at about 110. So that makes top gear a moot point more or less. Seat of my pants tells me it is from the fairing, an aero wobble. I keep thinking about removing the windscreen for a pass to see if that helps. Then I could go to Tejas and visit my brother for a cruise down this highway.

Hey John, some things you might try, take a look at the neck bearings and make sure they are set right. Sacked out springs in the forks can cause it - replace with progressives. Front fork oil (damping) can also cause weird high speed handling, drain it out and replace with 10wt Bel Ray - I use a syringe with a length of tubing to make sure my forks are equal in oil. Of course sloppy wheel bearings can have a funny effect and so can a loose swing arm..

That 1st Genny should run nice and stable well over 110 alllllll day long,,, actually, I always thought they were more stable at 120 than at 70 LOL..

Ya know,, now that I think of it, I have heard of cracked frames but never experienced it (knock on wood) - might wanna do some checking and see if you can find out what thats all about.. I am sure a cracked frame ANYWHERE could also cause some strange things...

Oppppsss,, hi-jacked another one,, sorry Lewis...

This was done on the Grand Parkway Toll Road west of Houston (Katy, TX about 2 weeks before that section of road was opened. (about 2 miles from my house)

The road that has the highest speed limit in Texas is the toll road from Austin to east of San Antonio. I think it is posted as 85mph now.

I had similar issue with my '87 right around 165 km/h ... I found if I spread my knees out into the wind, the wobble would stop.

Never had that issue on my '85 tho. Had it up to 210 km/h and no instability at all.

I had similar issue with my '87 right around 165 km/h ... I found if I spread my knees out into the wind, the wobble would stop.

Never had that issue on my '85 tho. Had it up to 210 km/h and no instability at all.

Hmmmmmmmm,, I wonder if its caused by the wider bags on the 87.. All mine have been 83/84, just picked up an 87 (still dont know if its a runner) and YammerDan mentioned I may not like the wider bags - wonder if this is one of the reason why... Maybe your interrupting the airflow against the square edges of the bags by putting your knees out Silvr.....