IGNORED

New here and need a shove in the right direction

Hi all,

Well (pending financing), I can't believe I'm leaving my 03 Volusia behind. All that thing did for 5 years was start and run without issues ....

Anyway, doing my research on the new 06 Venture before I wrap up the sales at MOM's in Foxboro, and I have a few quick basic questions...

I think it's a Royal Star Venture and not a Venture. How can I be sure? It has rear trunk, 4 speaker audio, super cushy seats, cruise control ... ummm I guess I'm not too sure what else. RSV??? ... Right???

Gen one or Gen two??

Have there been any persistant issues I need to address, or check on?

How easy is it to change the oil? Coolant?

Can the average mechanically inclined guy work on these himself?

... and maybe lastly ... a cassette deck? In 2006? heh...... So I am wondering why? Probably for the anti-skip and reliability.... The real question is..... What are people doing with that? I really need some advice here... leave it, use it? (who has cassettes?? Is that really an option - I have no idea!) ... pull out just that unit and put in a ????? Bluetooth? hardwired?? Run off the iphone?

I'm really confused on this one, I'm not a critical audiophile, but I like my Pandora. Some guy at the bike show had me up to $1200 to upgrade this. Thats NOT going to happen. It cant possibly be that hard to just change the cassette deck to something that will hook to my phone... can it?? :confused07:

Looks like you guys have THE forum on these bikes... Kudos & thank you

(Sorry all ... this is definitely the wrong forum. Dont know how I let that happen...

Sorry)

The 06 is a RSV or 2nd gen Venture.

There is an AUX port next to the cassette deck so you can hook up an MP3 or phone to it to listen to music through you speakers or headset. You will have to control the music selection with your devise but you will have volume control on the bike.

Regular maintenance is fairly easy as I do most of the maintenance myself and I'm not very mechanically inclined. I can count on one hand the number of times I've done any work on my cars/trucks but I do most of my own work on my bike with the help of this forum and friends I've met here.

Once you get the bike pony up the $12 and you wont be sorry it will save you thousands..... I've been here since 2005 and have over 100k on my 04 and with the help of this site it runs like new.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the mad house and you are definitely in the right place to talk about Ventures. Most people shorten the name of the bike from Royal Star Venture to just Venture so it's actually one in the same. 99 to 2013 are second generations the first gens were more straight tourer than cruiser.

These bikes are rock solid expect to get 150K or more out of them, they are easy to work on and with this forums help you can do anything you want to do to the bike.

I actually play tapes in my tape deck but several members have removed the cassette deck and made it a storage pocket, you can find out how to do that here also. There is an Aux jack you can hook your phone or mp3 player up to.

Hope you stick around it will be the best 12 bucks you ever spent.

Hi all,

Well (pending financing), I can't believe I'm leaving my 03 Volusia behind. All that thing did for 5 years was start and run without issues ....

Anyway, doing my research on the new 06 Venture before I wrap up the sales at MOM's in Foxboro, and I have a few quick basic questions...

I think it's a Royal Star Venture and not a Venture. How can I be sure? It has rear trunk, 4 speaker audio, super cushy seats, cruise control ... ummm I guess I'm not too sure what else. RSV??? ... Right???

Gen one or Gen two??

Have there been any persistant issues I need to address, or check on?

How easy is it to change the oil? Coolant?

Can the average mechanically inclined guy work on these himself?

... and maybe lastly ... a cassette deck? In 2006? heh...... So I am wondering why? Probably for the anti-skip and reliability.... The real question is..... What are people doing with that? I really need some advice here... leave it, use it? (who has cassettes?? Is that really an option - I have no idea!) ... pull out just that unit and put in a ????? Bluetooth? hardwired?? Run off the iphone?

I'm really confused on this one, I'm not a critical audiophile, but I like my Pandora. Some guy at the bike show had me up to $1200 to upgrade this. Thats NOT going to happen. It cant possibly be that hard to just change the cassette deck to something that will hook to my phone... can it?? :confused07:

Looks like you guys have THE forum on these bikes... Kudos & thank you

(Sorry all ... this is definitely the wrong forum. Dont know how I let that happen...

Sorry)

The 06 is a RSV or 2nd gen Venture.

There is an AUX port next to the cassette deck so you can hook up an MP3 or phone to it to listen to music through you speakers or headset. You will have to control the music selection with your devise but you will have volume control on the bike.

Regular maintenance is fairly easy as I do most of the maintenance myself and I'm not very mechanically inclined. I can count on one hand the number of times I've done any work on my cars/trucks but I do most of my own work on my bike with the help of this forum and friends I've met here.

Once you get the bike pony up the $12 and you wont be sorry it will save you thousands..... I've been here since 2005 and have over 100k on my 04 and with the help of this site it runs like new.

Welcome.......

I see we were typing at the same time.

As mentioned the quick and easy way to get Pandora is to just hook up your phone to the aux jack but you can buy a bluetooth box for under $100 and go that route. Many of us go with a Garmin Zumo GPS that has bluetooth in it but be warned the Garmin which is specifically designed for motorcycle use is not cheap. Myself I use XM but I still make up mix tapes to hear specifically what I want to hear. Downside of cassettes is they have to be switched every hour and a half...

Click on the "Venture History" tab for some interesting reading to bring you up to speed on which Venture is which. As far as maintenance oil changes, fluid changes, tires and brakes are pretty much it. You should find pretty much everything you need to know and then some on this site. Best $12 you will ever spend! Come join us at the various meets. Do a search of the members list for your state to meet fellow members. Feel free to jump in on conversations in the Watering Hole. Ask questions in the Tech forum, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. This site and the management here is pretty laid back. Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum, it will get moved to the right one eventually.

Welcome aboard the wonderful world of Ventures and enjoy the ride here and on the road!!!