Well......I am waiting to sell the Vulcan 750! Dealer has the2008 RSTD in the box waiting for it all to happen! Anything special I would need to know about the RSTD? Anyone in or near King George, Virginia wanting to ride?

Nothing special at all. Just put gas in it and have a ball. :) After you get it and put a few miles on it, we will start giving you suggestions on how to spend a LOT more money on it. Backrest, highway pegs, etc. Don't worry, we like helping new owners spend their money...that's what we are here for. :thumbsup2:

The only real thing would be to not shift as low as you would the V twin that you've been used to. This V4 engine likes to wind up a little more. If you ever need to really git up and go, don't be afraid to wind it up until you hit the rev limiter, which would be around 80 or so in second gear.

Other than that, buy chrome. Buy the chrome of your choice. But buy chrome.

I'm itching to ride, but nowhere near VA.

Nothing special at all....:thumbsup2:

What do you mean there is nothing special about and RSTD?! Why I never.... That is so unlike you Mr. Freebird. Nothing special indeed. HARUMPHH!!

Actually, Mr. Freebird is right about the "gas it up and have a ball" thing. The other good advice is to let it rev. After you're comfortable that it is broke in right start letting it rev. You can't hurt it, and they do love to rev.

Next thing to do is find someone close by that has a carb sync tool, and get your carbs synced. That makes the beast purr.

After that, just do what Mama Yamaha says and "Make it your own."

:322:I had a 2005 Vulcan 750. Loved it! Man it was the greatest bike in the whole world.

Then, my wife started enjoying bike riding, but refused to drive a bike herself. That poor little vulcan wasnt so great anymore. Had to move up. We went with a 2007 RSV.

Needless to say, we now have the greatest bike in the world!!!:rotf:

• 2 weeks later...
Well......I am waiting to sell the Vulcan 750! Dealer has the2008 RSTD in the box waiting for it all to happen! Anything special I would need to know about the RSTD? Anyone in or near King George, Virginia wanting to ride?

I'm in Prince William County (Manassas) so I'm not too far from you. I like to head out thru Fauquier County and ride in the mts. Keep me in mind.