IGNORED

Need help with a joint......

ReinyRooster

:rotf:knew that title would get some peoples attention.

I bought a dashcam last week due to the large number of people out there scamming victims claiming you drove into the rear of them while they were stopped, and suddenly some "independent" witness ( their friend ) shows up to support their claim, when they actually reversed into you. Then they try and get you to cash settle without involving the police or insurance. It can also help prove that it wasn't you that went through a red light in a crash, it was the other guy...or it was him that changed lanes and hit you...not the other way around.

Anyway....the attached pic shows the suction-cup mount for this dashcam...my issue is that it has a short bolt that screws into the top of the dashcam so anytime you want to remove the camera, you have to spin it a few times to unscrew it....PITA.

Does anyone know of a better solution that would offer some sort of quick connect/disconnect for this thing? I have looked at the various GPS mounts that I have laying around trying to adapt but nothing that will work.

Thanks

Trying to avoid having to keep removing the suction cup and then trying to stick it back on.....not always easy in the cold weather. Prairiehammer....thanks...that might just do it...I'll check it out.

Russ....I would have come straight to you if that was the real issue......:cool10:

I had that happen to me in the round abouts. No witness'

Mr. Owl advised me on a couple issues about the black box and the Back up lights of the driver that backs into you.

When I mentioned these two items and told the insurance it was there responsibility to use the proof to prove I was stopped they told e to fix my car at no fault to me.

Just another idea.

Brad

I had that happen to me in the round abouts. No witness'

Mr. Owl advised me on a couple issues about the black box and the Back up lights of the driver that backs into you.

When I mentioned these two items and told the insurance it was there responsibility to use the proof to prove I was stopped they told e to fix my car at no fault to me.

Just another idea.

Brad

Glad that worked out for you.....

:15_8_211[1]: