IGNORED

how well do you know your motorcycles

hell yea

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another odd one 1 clue its 50cc

WOW,,, does that bring back memories.... My oh my,, been a longgg time..

Back in the mid/late 60's I had a "White 125" two stroke streetbike,, there was one of those "lil beamers" around town,, cool little bike with wayyyy better sound and looks than my White!! As I recall it was made in Italy by a company called Capini or Caproni (may have been macaroni :rotf:)... If its the bike I am thinking of though I think your off in this clue Hell Yea, the one I am thinking of was bigger motored than 50cc,, more like between 150 and 200 cc's..

Now that I think about it, the model name actually started with a "C" and had "50" after the name, but seriously on this one the 50 didnt stand for "cc's),,, hmmmm,,, makes my brain hurt..

It would have been made in the mid 50's ish if its the one I am thinking of...

I am probably really confusing folks here thinking out loud,, sorry if thats the case...

Puc

About Caproni

In 1947 Aero-Caproni turned to motorcycle production, beginning with a 48cc ciclomotore two-stroke. By 1951 they were producing sophisticated and elegant little four speed 75cc fourstrokes with pressed steel chassis, later enlarged to 100cc and 125cc. Their more interesting machines included a horizontally opposed 149cc twin of 1955, and competition machines with 75cc engines using the Küchen desmodromic system of the 1920s.

From 1953 to 1959 they also produced NSU engined machines named Caproni-Vizzola with models named Cavilux and Cavimax, the latter based on the NSU Max engine. At one time the range also included a face-cam OHV single, and they also built a range of three-wheelers. In 1958 the Capriolo company name was changed to Aeromere, which ceased production in 1964. The parent company, Aero-Caproni, continued to build aircraft some of which were very advanced. Their jet-powered glider remains one of the most extraordinary sailplanes ever constructed.

so it was a 150cc not a 50cc my bad

Sorry guys I have been disconnected for the last couple days...

This is "like" the first bike I ever rode (original is long gone...). Was my dad's and was the bike I learned with

Lets see if I can make this work.

picture.php?albumid=1255&pictureid=8009

Ducati, what ever it is YOU would have RULED our area rippin around on that puppy at 14 years old Rand!! NICE

Yep, you are correct. It was a 125 Ducati Bronco. A tough little bike and when I took the guts out of the muffler with the end off, you could hear it a mile(at least) away. I had a lot of fun on that bike and I suspect it kept me from ever starting to smoke, as all my friends were doing. I found that I could have a lot more fun with a gallon of gas than a pack of cigarettes, which cost about the same price.

RandyA

It looks like the Maverick by brother used to have, I just don't know the model.

OUTSTANDING ESJR!! Yep, Yamaha's answer to the Honda Mini Trail... LITTLE SCREAMER!!!

Here is another to try... Oh, wait a minute,,, its your turn,,,